Brewer Fanatic

Vargas to DL

JJHardy7

CV as a starter? He hasn't been in Nashville all that long. He hasn't been stretched out that much yet. This would be just like calling up Weeks. My guess is that it will be Sheets. I think that makes the most sense or possibly McClung will be gone for Sheets and CV to get to Milwaukee.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If I were to speculate a bit, I'd say:

- If Sheets is ready, he'll be activated and pitch on Wednesday in Vargas' spot with Gallardo going on Thursday.

- If Sheets isn't ready to go, the Brewers will recall Villanueva and Parra will start on Wednesday in Vargas' spot with Gallardo going on Thursday. Parra hasn't pitched since his three inning stint in relief of Gallardo on the 25th, so he should be good to make a spot start.

I guess it is also possible that Parra could start Wednesday and Sheets could go Thursday, allowing them to skip Gallardo. Of course, if they do that and Parra or Sheets have short starts, the pen will be a bit short-handed.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I'll just be disappointed if CV is called up. This could be like Weeks all over again. It doesn't make sense to send him down for him to get his stuff together and then call him up right away. I don't know if there's a legit option on the 40-man roster to fill in besides CV though. It would be nice to see Dickey come up though, since this would give CV a chance to get back on track.

I'll just be disappointed if CV is called up. This could be like Weeks all over again. It doesn't make sense to send him down for him to get his stuff together and then call him up right away. I don't know if there's a legit option on the 40-man roster to fill in besides CV though. It would be nice to see Dickey come up though, since this would give CV a chance to get back on track.

Wait you'd be disappointed if CV was called up but then you want Dickey to come up? I don't get the Weeks reference since Weeks has raked since he came back up.

Archived