Brewer Fanatic

*RED ALERT THREAD* 8/28/07 Brewers (Suppan. 8-11, 4.85) at Cubs (Hill. 7-7, 3.67) 7:05 CT

sheetswannabe

Now a sub .500 team. Never thought the wheels would fall off this much.

Ned absolutely has to go. It's time for some accountability. This is more on the players than him, but we can't fire 25 players, and it's time for him to take the fall and the team to move in another direction.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMAO you guys are all hilarous. What was the game in San Fran Sunday any differen't? Bush allowed 1 or 2 runs in the 6th, nexy guy reaches 1st, Bush gives up the hr in the 7th. Pitch count around 70. Same situation has today and Yost did the opposite and all you guys are ripping on him? Why?

Ya know what I think lately?

I think that being a Brewers fan is like smoking. Ya know it's not good for you, you know you are going to get hurt, ya know you're going to regret starting, but you just keep on doing it.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Now a sub .500 team. Never thought the wheels would fall off this much.

Ned absolutely has to go. It's time for some accountability. This is more on the players than him, but we can't fire 25 players, and it's time for him to take the fall and the team to move in another direction.

I couldn't agree with you more. And now Coshun is interviewing Theriot. That is the cherry on top.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I only really fault Yost in this one for not pinch hitting in a pinch hitter situation. If the bases were empty I would have felt different. We've had trouble scoring runs late, and some insurance would have been great. Mabye Linebrick still comes out and serves it up, but regardless.

There is no cure I fear. 3rd place and below .500. I'll probably have to cry myself to sleep tonight.

If Suppan blows up then the arguement is that are pitchers always blow up in the 6/7th so why wasnt Yost ready? Cant blame Yost here.

Why is Suppan being allowed to hit with a runner on and the top of the order coming up if he's getting yanked as soon as someone reaches base in the next half-inning? It's not like he was working on a no-hitter, shutout, or that he was going to threaten to throw a complete game.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Thank you, Brewers255, I agree. You can't have it both ways.

Unfortunately, this team is proving too doggone well why so many fans were very cautious or skeptical back in late May. This team has to give us reasons we can believe in them NOW. They've proved all too well why you can't keep leaning on the fantastic start. While it's still excellent that they were 48-34, again 14 games over, it still meant they had only been a .500 team since they had been 24-10.

I'm not expecting Yost to give me reasons to believe this can change. I need the players themselves to give me reasons. They're the ones who collectively can't go out and win yet another game in which they get a nice early lead. Blow the lead then go down meekly for the last 6 outs. Pathetic!

This team is just dumb to use the technical term. One aspect of the team fails every night and we lose, again and again and again. I want Yost gone after this year but I can't just blame it on him, just seems like every time an important situation comes up someone fails to do their job, defense, pitching, hitting its shared blame and almost all of it is late in games.

I'm gonna go our on a limb here and guess that people are disappointed. Maybe it's just me, but a team that was at one point the best in all of baseball falling to a below .500 record is not one that appeases it's fans. I didn't expect the pace in the beginning to hold up by any means but this is incredible.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

A couple of things from me

Why let Suppan hit in the 7th if we are going to take him out after he hits the lead off batter on a 1-2 picth?

Why isn't Shouse pitching in the 7th against 2 lefties? If they pinch hit Monroe for Floyd or Jones, who cares?

Looking at the Brewers players on the bench during the 8th inning really irritated and made me quite sad. Everyone with a blank stare on their face, no one up at the top of the steps during the Gross at bat. This team just looks like they quit on Yost.

I don't like Yost, I said before we will never be a playoff team without Yost, and I wish that wasn't the case. I still hope I am wrong and by now means is this team out of it.

I guess I can sleep ok knowing that if we make the playoffs this year I will be happy and if we don't make the playoffs this year, Yost will be gone and we will be a much better team next year. These games can only help us in the long run.

My only complaint is that Ned does not seem to realize when a pitcher does not have "it". Bush in the 6th was hit hard on all outs and got crushed in the 7th. I was ok with Linebrink for the first couple on hits but we all knew he would give up the lead before Ned replaced him. I truely believe we would have better pitching decisions from a fan just watching the game from the front row.

I'm not faulting Yost for anything this game. I'm faulting Linebrink.

I'm just faulting Yost for the fact that his team is 65-66, and that's really all I need to fault him for. His team isn't winning. That's his job. He's not doing it. Say it's the players fault, that may very well be true -- does not whatsoever change the fact that Yost is directly and entirely responsible and accountable for the performance of HIS team.

They're not getting it done. That falls on his shoulders. Don't really know how else to put it.

Where's Ned to put down fans for being negative in bad situations now? Constantly making escuses. I think he is running out of them. This team is in big trouble.

At least its a win-win: If they fail, Yost is most likely gone. If they win, well then you know whats good about that.

I'm leaning towards the first one. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived