Brewer Fanatic

*RED ALERT THREAD* 8/28/07 Brewers (Suppan. 8-11, 4.85) at Cubs (Hill. 7-7, 3.67) 7:05 CT

sheetswannabe
A great effort by Suppan.

However, this is usual idiotic Yost. We needed more than a bunt from a pitcher that was not going to be out there much more than a batter if he reached. It makes me sick.

Also, you put Linebrink in the stretch and out of his comfort zone for the first batter. Absolute stupidity!

Umm.. Linebrink is a reliever.. isn't the stretch where they are comfortable.. again I am continually amazed by the people ripping Yost for not bringing in Linebrink and then for bringing him in...

this is nothing more than bad pitching what we have seen all year...

Read my first guess that I mentioned before any of this happened. You pinch hit for Suppan to try to get a big inning.

The reason why to bring in a reliever like Linebrink or Turnbow is to have them start innings and avoid starting from the stretch. Big difference.

When is the last time Turnbow didn't throw from the stretch 2001? I haven't watched Linebrink enough to know if he ever throws from a wind up but I know that Turnbow doesn't. As far as a big inning aren't you looking for an insurance run... was he wrong for bunting earlier and getting an insurance run?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give up a 3 run HR and be done with it already.

Why is it when Linebrink came in I had a feeling we'd leave this inning losing?

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Wow. It's funny how truly awful this bullpen is. I mean, it's like a foregone conclusion that they're going to blow every lead we take. Yet another 3-0 lead turned into a deficit.

We finally get good starting pitching and the bullpen decides to blow it..

Hopefully the bats can pick it up..

Shouse has been almost automatic in the last two months, yet Yost insists on sending this piece of crap Linebrink out to the mound. I can't wait until this season is over. Maybe we'll get a manager that has at least half of a clue.

Archived