Brewer Fanatic

Phil Garner and Tim Purpura fired in Houston (Merged: Astros to name Cooper Permanent Manager)

Bruce Ciskie
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good for coop, but i don't know why the stros wouldn't of waited a few weeks to see what was out there.

I would guess that they already did speculate on what would be available and decided to retain Coop because they couldn't find much. That's kind of how I feel about Yost...if the Brewers do fire him, I'd be worried as hell that they wouldn't find anyone better out there.

Congrats to Coop, though...he definitely deserves a shot. Hopefully he does well, since Houston's ownership seems to be the type to fire at the first sign of trouble.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Another former big leaguer managing the game, and poorly I would add. I will always remember Cooper "The Manager" as the guy why tried to call out Francisco Cordero for cheating. The whole time he seemed to have his head down and ashamed as to what he was doing, but did it anyway. I'm glad he landed with the Stros, should make them easier to beat next year, and possibly the next.

Given the casual attitude of many Astros during the Brewers' series, that's a huge surprise to me. There was more jogging to 1B and lazy play in 3 games than we see from the Crew all year.

The only thing that counts is game strategy. Everything else is secondary. Haven't you learned anything from this site? http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

(Yes this was a joke. Meant as much to poke fun of me and my Yost love as anything. I even admit he sucks at it.)

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Another former big leaguer managing the game, and poorly I would add. I will always remember Cooper "The Manager" as the guy why tried to call out Francisco Cordero for cheating.

The story came out a day or so later that Cecil asked the ump to check to see if Cordero had removed his bracelet. Nothing wrong with that.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived