Brewer Fanatic

What are you doing to make the Brew Crew lose?

Well, I posted this thread earlier in the year when the Brewers went through their 10-20 stretch. After I posted it they turned it around..... for awhile. I hope posting it again will help them turn it around again (and they say baseball players are superstitious). I think the Brewers downward spiral started when I broke up with my girlfriend during the first days of July. Well, over the last week we have completely reconciled and we now both agree that we are back together. I'm doing my part to help the Brewers make the playoffs. What are you doing? I guess if they don't make the playoffs at least there will be a lot less laundry to do around Wisconsin. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I have tried everything. I've tried shaving and when that didn't work I grew a beard. Nothing. I watched the games with shoes on, didn't work so I tried socks, that didn't work either so I tried watching the game barefoot. Nothing.

I'm open to suggestions if anybody has them.

i moved to asia. i was 14-3 at miller park this year. then i left home and saw them get pwned twice in st. louis at the end of july and what was a skid then has become a full-scale pile up. and to think, before i left i was talking exasperatedly about what would i do when the crew were in the playoffs for the first time in my adult life...http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/tired.gif

This week I will be practicing my guitar, and will happen to have the Brewer game on while I do so. Previously I would watch the Brewer game and practice my guitar while I did it. I sounds like a subtle difference I know, but trust me, this is gonna be big! Heck, if the Brewers get pounded, but I get those dastardly F chords down, it'll be a good week.

I have tried everything. I've tried shaving and when that didn't work I grew a beard. Nothing. I watched the games with shoes on, didn't work so I tried socks, that didn't work either so I tried watching the game barefoot. Nothing.

High heels and pantyhose maybe.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I purchase memorabilia. Cases in point:

- Brewers License Plate Frame (purchased 7/11/04) to annoy Chicago Motorists:

Record at the time : 45-41. Record after purchase : 22 - 49

- 3x5 Brewers Flag (purchased 6/30/07) to hang on my porch when the brewers are in town:

Record at the time : 46-33. Record after purchase : 19 - 32 (and continuing)

This basically means I'm paying the Brewers and MLB to let me down.

I stopped wearing my Bill Hall shirt on the first game of each series which worked for the first two times I did this. I then couldn't find it as it was lost in the laundry and wore it on the second game of a series in which they were swept. Later my 8-yr-old took it an wore it before I got home (consequently spilling on it whatever an 8-yr-old spills on shirts). I now have said shirt hidden and will wear it tomorrow night.

I also stopped drinking Scotch, but I think that has affected my outlook on the team - liquid optimism.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/pimp.gif

I think I have to go back to wearing my old brewers t - shirt that I used to wear to all of the games I went to (I had a pretty good record at MP. I then wore another brewers t shirt to the 8/19 game and just for the day on sat. and we lost. I'll have to wear the old brewer shirt Tuesday and not wash it till they lose.

It's all my fault. I was unemployed for most of the Brewers hot start. I switched jobs when the Brewers were 24-10. It's been down hill ever sice for the Brewers and me. I hated the job and the Brewers are sucking.

I'm starting a new job on Tuesday next week. If this doesn't work I'll go back to being unemployed untill the Brewers start winning again.

I sarcastically posted that we should trade Ben Sheets(there were many people saying we should trade Bush/Vargas/Suppan/Capuano at the time) before he starts to suck or something like that just hours before the game in which he got hurt. See sarcasm can hurt.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I have not been able to be online reliably for 2 months or so. I blame that. I did see some baseball in person though. (0-4) Now that I'm back to BF.Net maybe the Crew will do better. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eyes.gif

Archived