Brewer Fanatic

Introducing the next Lindsay Lohan...

jaybird2001wi

.... Miley Cyrus aka Hannah Montana. I was forced to watch the Fox Teen Choice Awards tonight because I had the dubious honor of babysitting four kids AFTER a dreaded 16 hour shift which ended at 9 this morning. What is worse is that all four were girls (Ages 9, 7, 5, 5) because my cousin dropped his kids off and my other cousin dropped hers off for my aunt to get them and take them to Indiana for the weekend. Needless to say, my aunt and Mom went shopping and such since my aunt wanted to catch up on Racine stuff all day today and my Dad had to spend time in Kenosha with my gramps, so I was chosen by default today. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/ohwell.gif

Anyway, the nine-year-old was crying because she wanted to watch the teen choice deal while I wanted to catch the Eagles-Steelers preseason game. I had them occupied pretty much all morning by throwing them a box of crayons and a coloring book and dug up my old stuffed animals from when I was a kid.

But anyhow, Hannah Montana is like 14 years old and she was wearing "that?" I am 24 and my God, it seems like these teenybopping girls are trying to look more and more mature by the day. She freakin had her chest oiled up like a woman my age would at a "so-called gala" like the crappy annoying Teen Choice awards. By the way, I am sure Jessica Alba was thrilled to have a surfboard as a trophy for her win in some weird category.

I felt like banging my head against the wall after what I consider a 36 hour day with absolutely no sleep at all and having to hear screaming girls say to me, "Jayden hit me, should I hit her back?" or "I wet myself." I am a caregiver and all so I am kind of qualified to handle these situations, but for the first time ever I finally get a chance to sit down and say hello with no fear of interruptions and have a few beers or so.

Oh, and Hannah Montana is an annoying show as well. The nine-year-old cried to me when I prefered to watch the Brewer game over the Disney Show.

Why, oh why do little girls cry when they don't get their way? It's easier when I watch boys because all I need to do is throw my old school video game system (Nintendo and Sega) at them and say "have fun" and they won't bother me with every little detail.

I hear you jaybird on the babysitting thing. As the 2nd oldest on my moms side (to my older brother) I know that girls are much harder to deal with than boys. All the whining, nitpicking, screaming, crying over the tiniest things really gets annoying. With boys I could just give them a football if it was nice outside and then just go out and watch (or sometimes play) to make sure everything was okay but with girls I mean damn, they don't leave you alone for 5 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is kind of similar to a new "scandal" involving the teenybopping crowd. Apparently an 18-year-old actress, Vanessa Hudgens, of "High School Musical " is being blasted by some media sources came out to state there are nude pictures of her online. Not only that, she took them herself with intention of giving them to her costar/boyfriend Zac Efron. She is a freakin Disney Channel actress and she does this. I wonder how long it will take before the mother's come out of the house and scream, "fire her!"

Why, oh why do little girls cry when they don't get their way?

Dude. Girls cry. I yell, they cry. I smile, they cry. I talk softly, they cry.

I keep saying this. All women are insane. The situation you described sounds like most days in my house (I have 2 daughters and a wife). If you are wondering if the need for attention/maintenance ever stops, well it doesn't.

Before I was married I was Huskier than Gorman, after the birth of my first daughter I was Fatter than Rueben, 12 years and one daughter later I am now Fatter than Joey.

Don't get me wrong -- I love my wife and daughters dearly, however at some point you have to recognize the fundamental differences in their hard wiring.

Archived