Brewer Fanatic

Everyone Relax

brewers255
If they can win 2 out of 3 to Chicago that would be a huge confidence booster.
Kinda like winning 2 of 3 in Arizona (not to mention playing very well in the loss)?

I said it somewhere else, but this sweep was an absolute buzzkill coming off that Arizona series. That might have been one of our best road series all year. Putting up good run totals in the first two games and winning, then getting two off the reigning NL Cy Young, and staying in the game the whole way.

If they can win 2 out of 3 to Chicago that would be a huge confidence booster.
Kinda like winning 2 of 3 in Arizona (not to mention playing very well in the loss)?

This is where I have trouble using words like "momentum" with this team. The 3 games in Arizona--a pretty good team--made it look like Milwaukee "came out of it" Cool. Now we're back in this thing. Oh wait--whoops--sweep by a bad team that looked bad. So let's say we sweep Chicago--division over, right? Until they come home and lose 6 in a row to sub-500 teams.

I'm not trying to spell out a pessimistic tone but this is the most schizophrenic team I"ve ever watched.

This is the same team that has managed to blow 9 3 - run leads in there last 27 games. Yet this is the same team that won at a .730 clip for almost a third of the season. This team has more talent then any other brewer team in a long time, and all players slump - even Ted Williams, and they all come out of it. It just so happens about every brewers is in a big slump right now.

the Brewers will not win 2-3 going aganist Hill Lilly and Zambrano get real people this team is horrible right now and no hope of winning this division.
Brewers have handled Hill this year, they hit Lilly pretty good also, and they both are lefty's. Zambrano has also struggled.

Yes, but will they play with urgency, or will they play with the lacsadasical, swing at early pitches, crummy pitching starts, approach we've seen all too often lately? I know the team wants to win, but they just need to execute at this point, and I hope they do.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewers have to win the Cubs series. We cannot leave Chicago down 2.5, given how hard it has been for us to string consecutive wins and series wins together. On top of that the Cubs closing schedule is definitely more favorable than ours.

Cubs series is a must win series, and I do not care if I get blasted for saying that or not. Bring it on. It's the truth.

The one positive light is if they do lose the series or get swept, Badger football starts 2 days later.

It's time for this team to pull its head out of its ass.

I'm gonna still disagree with that. As long as we don't get swept in Chicago the series won't be a huge deal. A -1 game swing is not going to be the end of the season and a +1 game swing isn't going to somehow magically propel us into the playoffs. A sweep either way could have a huge impact but a 1 game swing just isn't going to matter that much more than any other game.

I'm gonna still disagree with that. As long as we don't get swept in Chicago the series won't be a huge deal. A -1 game swing is not going to be the end of the season and a +1 game swing isn't going to somehow magically propel us into the playoffs. A sweep either way could have a huge impact but a 1 game swing just isn't going to matter that much more than any other game.

At this point in the season, I just do not agree. We win 2 of 3 and we're back .5, we lose 2 of 3 and we're back 2.5. That is two more days that you have to win and the Cubs have to lose, without the benefit of head to head to help you out.

I'm expecting the worst either way. I refuse to get my hopes up for a team that continues to let me down.

Prove me wrong Crew, please.

I'm totally relaxed. I was relaxed 5 weeks ago when I thought I knew the Crew would be going nowhere and in fact didn't have the wherewithal to climb into the playoffs. To my mind the team and organization has taken such a quantum leap forward that the collapse doesn't really bother me. The future looks really bright, and the learning curve of excellence is very steep, but I'm confident the young guys are learning

the Brewers will not win 2-3 going aganist Hill Lilly and Zambrano get real people this team is horrible right now and no hope of winning this division.

Hill and Lilly are both lefties that we've hit well, and Zambrano has been terrible his last 4 starts........... And there is no merit to a statement saying theres "no hope of winning the division" when we're a 1 and a half games back with a month left to play.

"there is no merit to a statement saying theres no hope of winning the division when we're 1 and a half games back with a month left to play".

I disagree. If you've watched how this team has played for two months, it's a very reasonable position. It's much like declaring on opening day, "The Devil Rays have no hope", even though at that time like everyone else they are 0-0.

Even though they sit just a game and half back today, it would take a fairly dramatic turnaround for them to hold off not one but two teams down the stretch. They have shown no sign that any such turnaround is around the corner.

I won't say they have no hope, but what they have is faint glimmer based on quite a few ifs. Even that faint glimmer will be gone if they lose this series.

I disagree. If you've watched how this team has played for two months, it's a very reasonable position

Only if you've never watched a full season of baseball before. Teams look like crap for a month and then kings of the world the next month all the time.

Archived