Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park parking lot departures (How do you get to the stadium?)

jaybird2001wi

I have been wondering about why everyone insists on leaving through the same parking exit after games. I live in Racine, so we always find an open exit to enable us a quick and easy exit south on Miller Park Way.

It seems EVERYONE tries to get on I-94 instead of taking the less busy side streets where it will take less time. I am not sure why people continue to create a long traffic jam after games trying to leave the parking lots when there clearly are better ways to leave the parking lot.

In the last 2 games, I told my Mom to go south on Miller Park while leaving the preferred parking lot and it only took us like 2 minutes to beat the end of game stadium traffic jam.

I mean no offense to some people, but why does everyone take the most complicated and toughest exit out of the parking lot when there are better alternatives that they may be oblivious to.

I consider myself an "expert" or experienced person when traveling to Brewer games since I have been doing it since I was like 12. I realized the Marquette Interchange, when it was actually not under construction, is not the best way sometimes. Now I find it easier to go north on I-94 and take the 894 bypass and get off on Loomis Rd and eventually get on 43rd straight to the stadium.

The most hilarious thing I see is that I can always tell how many games a driver actually has gone to judging by how well he or she navigates the parking lot prior to a game. The people who always stop at EVERY parking lot attendant to ask a question screams, "It is my first game at Miller Park and I have no idea where I am going!"

Yes, exiting Miller Park after a game came "exciting." As TLB said, I wish I had your skills and knowledge of the area. However, I live in Eau Claire. My wife and I came to Milwaukee 3 times for 6 games. We stay at a place out past Brookfield. We choose not to be very adventurous when leaving Miller Park at night and stick to a route where we know that we'll end up where we want to - I-94 West.

the lots at Miller Park, at least the one i park in (Giants) are not set up very well for departures. In an ideal world, I turn left out of the parking lot which leads me back toward the stadium, then turn right (going west along I94) and finally turn north, go under 94 and get on the freeway going eastbound. However, the Giants parking lot isnt wide enough for people going both directions, so when i want to go left, and there is a car coming that direction, I am SOL and am forced to go right with everyone else. Going right leads to 3 lanes merging into one and takes forever. I usually try to leave an inning or so early and its amazing how big of a difference that makes.

Just a question...when you go in off Bluemound, if you get general parking do you automatically go to the Giants lot? I usually go in on Miller Park Way but I'm getting kind of tired of those lots and thinking I'd mix it up next time.

It is easy fairly easy to find your way around Milwaukee after games if you use the side streets off Miller Park Way. There are pretty much signs everywhere pointing you to some freeway entrance. My brother and I used to take Miller Park Way all the way to Howard Ave. and then a right on 27th St. We took 27th St. all the way down to the interstate on the Racine county line.

Since the Marquette Interchange has been under construction, Loomis Rd. seems like a very good off ramp to get to 43rd St.

We parked on a city street for one game because it was a spur of the moment type thing and we spontaneously left at 6pm for a 7pm game and the lots were full (Twins interleague game). We ended up parking on Wisconsin Ave. near Kelly's Bleachers and walked 15 minutes. And you all didn't hear this from me, but we knew an usher that used to work by the visitor bullpen and he sometimes let us in free if we knocked on the windows by his section. It is no wonder the guy got moved to the home plate area after a while.

although out of the 25ish games i been to, i parked in the lots no more than 3 times. I come on from Miller Park way and get all the way to the right. Therefore I park on the right side of the general lots. Leave right after the game and make your way to your car, take the bluemound exit across by the hot corner and leave. Its all about having a plan and not messing around after the game. The other super easy way to get out is to take canal. Not many people use it.

You know what I have never tried to do? Since so many businesses are popping up outside of the stadium (including Target), I always wondered if you can stash your vehicle at the way back of the parking lots and walk to the stadium without being noticed by managers, owners of the businesses, etc. I know people who would park at the VA Hospital and walk to the stadium and not get their cars impounded or ticketed.

Archived