Brewer Fanatic

8/26/07 Brewers (Bush) at Giants (Lincecum): 3:05 PM CDT

crewcrazy
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pitch count or no pitch count, what is Ned thinking?

- SP's have been struggling like hell lately, but he got a nice quality start out of Bush

- We have tomorrow off

- We went and traded 3 prospects for Linebrink exactly for the reason to pitch the 7th inning!

I may be moving toward the camp that says Ned may need to go. This is just so demoralizing.

This is just an empty chance to rip Ned. 70 pitches into the game, Ned got somebody up as soon as a man reached first, and then you are not going to yank ANYBODY after a big strikeout on a beautiful pitch. Ned didn't make the trade, Doug did, and the reason Bush stayed in as long as he did is BECAUSE the SP have been struggling, why not build some confidence for the Cubs series by letting a starter work out of a problem without pulling him at the first sign of trouble?

I just don't agree. Bush has a history of struggling after the 5th or 6th. We acquired Linebrink exactly for that situation. We're in a supposed playoff race. It was only a 2-run game.

If the're up by 4 or more, I'd agree to let Bush stay in there. Or if we didn't acquire Linebrink to pitch in this situation. Or if we had a game tomorrow and the bullpen was spent. It just made more sense all around to pinch hit for Bush the half-inning before and let Linebrink pitch the 7th. If that's viewed as an empty chance to rip Ned, I guess you'll just have to take it as that. I have a long history of supporting Ned and not second-guessing his every move. This one just seemed too obvious.

On the LLWS subject, is anybody else as annoyed as I am by those Japanese fans in the stands that have been chanting the same yeah, yeah, yeah...all game long?

-

After living in Japan for years...I can confirm that they annoy the hell out of me....It is pretty standard cheers that all fans do in all games...always the same script.

On the upside....we dont play the cubs next Sunday so we cant continue the Sunday tradition of blown lead vs. them!

i just noticed that has happened every Sunday, this month, and not just to the Cubs (obviously). I don't know about last month, but it could have carried over...

Bush has a history of struggling after the 5th or 6th

No he doesn't, his career OPS against with pitches 76-100 is lower than his overall OPS against. No manager in baseball takes him out there. He gave up a HR, it happens. You can't yank your pitchers out after 70 pitches when they are having a good game.

Swept by the giants, another new low for the year. At this point you almost have to fire Yost unless the Brewers get hot in the final month.

Well that sucks. Can we go back to playing the Diamondbacks, please? This team is so hard to figure out...they win a series against the first place team in the NL West and get swept by the last-place team in the NL West.

The Giants have now won 9 of their past 11, so it's not like the Brewers were losing to the coldest team in baseball, but that doesn't make these losses any easier to take. With that said, I'm still looking forward to the series in Chicago. It should definitely be a fun atmosphere.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Now this feels better, it was so uncomfortable rooting for a "winning" team.

Ned pinch-hits Hall for Gross when RH bats hit .171 against Taschner (.280-something for LH bats).

Uecker and Powell are throwing chairs right now.

C'mon Cubs, officially ruin my summer.

Archived