Brewer Fanatic

I need your help in dealing with the emotional roller coaster

AJAY

Why is this team teasing us again?

Just when I was starting to go through my mourning period of another lost season and a bunch of "what if's", now this team is looking alive again and at least having some faint hope (although I know the odds are still not good).

I am afraid to get excited again and then have to go through another crash just like I have been going through after this Atlanta series. I was so miserable the last few days, and now I don't know what to think.

Russ, what do the probablities say?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is this for a rollercoaster.

Friday

Email from the Brewers about playoff tickets - Wohoo - telling me I wasn't picked - crap. My brother calls and tells me that he got picked - Wohoo. We all know about the weekend. Wins Monday and Tuesday to make the playoffs look possible. Tallked to my brother and he says that he forgot to buy tickets Tuesday - double crap. Call later that night with my brother telling me he did get playoff tickets - whew. I can't take this.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

yikes, logan. Great post! http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

EDIT: I think the best way to sum up the 2007 season's effect on Brewer fans is to note that this thread was started by a psychologist. Now that's irony! AJAY, at this moment, with some time to reflect upon tonight's horrid loss, I couldn't echo your original sentiments more. I am a complete wreck tonight, and thank my lucky stars that I have this great community to turn to on such an evening. I've felt like I must have a deeply-buried masochistic tendency for roughly a month now since I keep following every game our boys play, and that feeling was re-ignited with tonight's debacle. I am at a loss for what to do/how to do it, since I know I'm going to live and die with every pitch tomorrow night, too.

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship, but keep going back, since I know that deep down, she/he "really loves me."

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Oddly enough, I've found my greatest solace tonight in John Mayer's music. I honestly started laughing out loud tonight when it was hitting me how appropriate the lyrics are (with some minor alterations) - this really is like a faltering relationship at this point in the season, and though I will not be ready to accept that 'it's over' until we are literally mathematically eliminated, this helped me tonight, and it might help at least one other fan (the first two verses):

Slow Dancing In A Burning Room

It's not a silly little moment

It's not the storm before the calm

This is the deep and dyin' breath of

This love we've been workin on

Can't seem to hold you like I want to

So I can feel you in my arms

Nobody's gonna come and save you

We pulled too many false alarms

We're goin' down

And you can see it too

We're goin' down

And you know that we're doomed

My dear

We're slow dancing in a burnin' room

I was the one you always dreamed of

You were the one I tried to draw

How dare you say it's nothing to me

Baby, you're the only light I ever saw

I'll make the most of all the sadness

You'll [lose some games] because you can

You try to hit me just hurt me

So you leave me feeling dirty

Because you can't understand

(and two songs later...)

Dreaming With A Broken Heart

When you're dreaming with a broken heart

The waking up is the hardest part

You roll outta bed and down on your knees

And for the moment you can hardly breathe

Wondering was she really here?

Is she standing in my room?

No she's not, 'cause she's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone....

When you're dreaming with a broken heart

The giving up is the hardest part

She takes you in with your crying eyes

Then all at once you have to say goodbye

Wondering could you stay my love?

Will you wake up by my side?

No she can't, 'cause she's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone....

(I don't know if it's sad, fitting, or demented, but the most soothing therapy I've had on this season comes from songs about a romantic lover)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived