Brewer Fanatic

8/25/07 Brewers (Gallardo) at Giants (Correia): 8:05 PM CDT

1992casey
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone else so tired of watching Johnny Estrada loaf? For a guy who was considered to be a team leader with his outburst involving Yost, I couldn't be more disappointed in his complete lack of effort. I was at the game on Friday. Twice on double-play balls when he was standing on first, he didn't even get half the way between the bases and he turned around and started jogging back to the dugout. Are you kidding me? This is considered acceptable? I don't care if he can hit singles. His complete lack of effort is infectious - especially with younger guys watching him for guidance. He needs to go and not be back next year. Good on paper is certainly not good in practice.

Wow. A 3-page In-Game Thread? Where, oh where have the Brewer fans gone? http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif

I was thinking that, too. 50-something posts is a low for recent memory. (We're usually in the 200+ range.)

Of course, I didn't follow the game all that closely after the first inning myself. Why did Corey pinch-hit for Gross?

Is anyone else so tired of watching Johnny Estrada loaf? For a guy who was considered to be a team leader with his outburst involving Yost, I couldn't be more disappointed in his complete lack of effort. I was at the game on Friday. Twice on double-play balls when he was standing on first, he didn't even get half the way between the bases and he turned around and started jogging back to the dugout. Are you kidding me? This is considered acceptable? I don't care if he can hit singles. His complete lack of effort is infectious - especially with younger guys watching him for guidance. He needs to go and not be back next year. Good on paper is certainly not good in practice.

In Estrada's defense, one on of those DP grounders to first base, he had to jump-dodge backwards to avoid the ball, which slowed him down tremendously. The throw was already at 2nd base by the time he pretty much got running again.

I had thought the exact same thing until I saw the replay and saw that.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived