Brewer Fanatic

When does Jeremy Jeffress pitch? - Now with Video

I've been curious about this as well. I would think tomorrow, as he's been up for a bunch of days so far. Although, Periard didn't follow Ramlow as usual, so I really have no idea. Could be that Alex and Jeremy are going to piggyback tomorrow

Well, the wife's not in labor yet, so i'm going to the game http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

it's only about an hour a way, and i own a fast car, so if she calls, i'll burn back up here...

those that are horrified should know that my mother in law is in town to help out http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

she wants to go with me, but the doctor won't let her http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

that's the most emoticons i've ever used in a post...

Jeremy got the first two out then gave up 2 solo home runs then got out of the first inning. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

No runs in the second inning. Looks to have settled down.

Pogo,

I work with Video all the time for football, I use a different program but I think you can use Windows Movie Maker to shrink the window size but keep the high quality. I'll play with some of my AVIs quick to see.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Well unfortunately the shortest clip I have left is 13 minutes long from the highlight film, and every time I import it into movie maker my system bluescreens on me so I won't be much help.

What I was getting at is that you could probably save yourself some time by reducing the window size. You get the same clarity, and much smaller files to work with.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That's really cool you did that, Pogo. Thanks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Pogo this is by far the coolest thing I've seen on this site in over 3 years. Thank you very much.

- Plato

- Plato

That play he made on that comebacker was pretty nice, he's got quick hands.

- Plato

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

I'm not a pitching coach (not even to play one on TV), but when you have an over-the-head windup such as Jeffress, is it important to try to pick up the plate and focus on location fairly early in the windup?

It seems as though his head shifts to pick up the plate at the very last moment, and I can't but think that's not the optimum for establishing the best location with his pitches.

All you little league coaches out there, chime in on my assumption...

I don't know Mass. What I noticed is that he almost seems too loose with his posture. It's kind of like his body is never at rest before the delivery. Too much looseness and motion affects a golf swing...might it affect a baseball delivery?

Personally, I'd love to see more kids learn the simply mechanics of Suppan. His windup is effortless, with little excess movement.

it was fun to watch him warmup...

in between those videos, john curtis (pitching coach) took him aside for a minute and talked to him...as soon as you guys are willing to get in on buying me a boom mic, i can get ino on stuff like that...

jim rooney was also at the game...and after JJ came out, rooney, jeffress and curtis went to the clubhouse, i assume to go over everything with him...

Archived