Brewer Fanatic

8/24/07: Brewers (Vargas) at Giants (Lowry) (9:15 CDT)

TooLiveBrew
Matt Wise in the first inning, when we have 2 starters in the bullpen? Good job, Ned. Also, good job leaving Vargas out there to die.

And Johnny Estrada is the slowest baserunner on the face of the earth.

This is turning out lovely.

Seriously your ripping on Ned for that move? It is the bottom of the first what does it matter if Wise pitches now or in the 6th.. whoever they bring in is not going go the distance anyway.

It actually makes a lot of sense for a couple of reasons. Wise is used to getting ready quick, Cappy isn't. This let's Cappy warm up like it's a normal start.

Looks like Weeks is really getting his swing back! Two run game, guys. Let's not give up on this one. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt Wise in the first inning, when we have 2 starters in the bullpen? Good job, Ned. Also, good job leaving Vargas out there to die.

Seriously your ripping on Ned for that move? It is the bottom of the first what does it matter if Wise pitches now or in the 6th.. whoever they bring in is not going go the distance anyway.
And then to compound the stupidity, our favorite manager basically throws the inning away by pinch-hitting Bush. So we've wasted a bullpen arm for one out, and then thrown away an inning, when we could have avoided at least one of those bad things.

Is Bush coming in? Or was he just the PH so the others can be saved since we might need 5 of them tonight? I hope we have 7 more of these throwaway innings.. that is 11 runs.. nice call Ned.

To be honest I am frustrated. I can't blame him for leaving Vargas out there as long as he did, but I'd rather they put in Capuano. Although I can understand Capuano probably needs more time to warm up than Wise, but at this point they may as well have let Wise keep pitching. Considering it was the first inning we don't want to be on our third pitcher this early if we don't have to. But in general I'm just frustrated. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Considering it was the first inning we don't want to be on our third pitcher this early if we don't have to. But in general I'm just frustrated
I think we can universally agree on that statement..

What does it say when the IGT is this fired up and negative in the first inning? And the more amazing thing is with the games that have been blown by this pitching staff that frustration is totally justified.

I feel bad for the position players. They go and put a 3 spot on the board and Vargas/Estrada give away the lead plus some. Will this team ever have a catcher?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Won't dog Yost too much for this .....but can someone please explain to me why leading off the inning with a pitcher as a pinch-hitter, then not having him pitch, makes even a little bit of sense? Anyone?

I know estrada cant throw and the giants stole two bases on him but to lump him with vargas as reasons why the position players should be mad isnt right. 6 earned runs in 2/3 of an inning. This is on vargas. no one else right now

Archived