Brewer Fanatic

8/24/07: Brewers (Vargas) at Giants (Lowry) (9:15 CDT)

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The real question is how can you not get out of the first inning against an offensively challenged team like the Giants.. especially when Bonds doesn't even go deep. I have a hard time believing Parra can't pitch better than this..

I just feel lucky that I can pull the plug on this stinker and go do something else. Think of the poor guys broadcasting, working the clubhouse, etc. who gotta stick it out no matter what.

The same sentiment could apply to the players, but somehow I feel less sympathy for them.

Matt Wise in the first inning, when we have 2 starters in the bullpen? Good job, Ned. Also, good job leaving Vargas out there to die.

And Johnny Estrada is the slowest baserunner on the face of the earth.

This is turning out lovely.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

nice start by the offense. Horrible start by the pitching.

And it's still the first inning, so anything is possible.

I won't pull the plug yet, but I may find something else to do while listening to Uecker.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

we are up a creek with a pitching staff like this. How much blame are we allowed to put on Maddux?

As far as I'm concerned, a lot. This staff consistently gets ahead of hitters, and then nibbles and nibbles until they can't nibble any more, either because the bases are loaded or the pitch count is nearing 675.

It's not one guy. It's freaking everyone. Well, except Sheets. Wait. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Well, here's to hoping Cappy pitches well out of the bullpen starting in the 2nd inning. At least when he pitches 4 or 5 good innings before falling apart we'll be in the 6th or 7th. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif At least it's 6-3 and not 6-0...I still have a small amount of hope.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Matt Wise in the first inning, when we have 2 starters in the bullpen? Good job, Ned. Also, good job leaving Vargas out there to die.

Seriously your ripping on Ned for that move? It is the bottom of the first what does it matter if Wise pitches now or in the 6th.. whoever they bring in is not going go the distance anyway.

Seriously your ripping on Ned for that move? It is the bottom of the first what does it matter if Wise pitches now or in the 6th.. whoever they bring in is not going go the distance anyway.

And then to compound the stupidity, our favorite manager basically throws the inning away by pinch-hitting Bush. So we've wasted a bullpen arm for one out, and then thrown away an inning, when we could have avoided at least one of those bad things.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived