Brewer Fanatic

8/23 Non-Brewer IGT (sCrUBs at 2:35p)

TooLiveBrew

Just wanted to get one started, since the baby bears start in a few minutes. Matt Cain goes for SF, while Zambrano heads to the hill after having what looked to be an overpowering performance washed out by rain in St. Louis. Bonds is not in the lineup today.

Cain: He's managed to post a 1.32 WHIP thus far in 2007, despite walking 70 batters in 157 1/3 IP, and surrenduring a .323 BAA. He's on a roll lately, with 5 Quality Starts posted in a row. He's had plenty of bad luck (or perhaps just too much of having to play alongside SF's 'offense' ) this year, leading to his 5-13 record, but don't be fooled. In 4 of his losses, he's gone at least 7 IP & given up 2 or fewer ER - in addition, 4 of his 5 NDs this year have been Quality Starts.

Viva Gigantes!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I got a call from a friend at 11 asking if I wanted to play hookie and go to this game...unfortunately I have a meeting at 3, otherwise I'd have been all over it--I am OK with just rooting against the Cubs.

Cain and Zambrano looking good so far....I was hoping Zambrano would have a meltdown at the bottom of the 2nd there though...it just never materialized.

The wrath of Cain! After taking a laser-beam shot back to the mound (off hi right - pitching - forearm), then retiring the final out of the inning by staying with the play, he just bombed a 2-run shot! 4-0 Gigantes!

Am I just biased or are the Cubs announcers on WGN bigger homers than usual? It seems like all the credit goes to the Cubs. I know there are those that don't like Shroeder but he at least, to me, points out the good and bad both ways and will say something is lucky when it is.

Anyone feel me on this one or is it just that I hate the Cubs so much?

Am I just biased or are the Cubs announcers on WGN bigger homers than usual? It seems like all the credit goes to the Cubs. I know there are those that don't like Shroeder but he at least, to me, points out the good and bad both ways and will say something is lucky when it is.

Anyone feel me on this one or is it just that I hate the Cubs so much?

I agree, but I think the CWS announcers are WAY WAY WAY WAY worse than the Scrubbies announcers.

he doesn't seem to blow up outwardly as much as he used to. It's internal. More fun for me.

Thanks for the input. I agree, internal or external, if it messes up the hothead, it works for me.

And thanks, Giants. You may now proceed to suck for your next three games.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Giants got some excellent starting pitching in that series. Lincecum, Zito and Cain were all very solid. Too bad they couldn't muster another win. Throw in Lowry and its hard not to like the Giants rotation for years to come.

But man 1-8. Thats a scary old line-up. The 1996 All-Stars yes, but its 2007 now.

Hopefully their pitching deserts them a tad this weekend.

right-on, phatmatt. Those CWS guys are definitely not professional caliber. They just whine or cheer, add a '-y' suffix to the end of EVERY player's name, and all situations are described in "we" terms ('we really need a ground ball here...' ), like the announcers are actually on the team. They just come across as so unprofessional and whiny. I absolutely cannot stand watching those broadcasts, and avoid them at all costs.

I've actually been very impressed with the quality & in-depth nature of WGN sCrUBs broadcasts - not the broadcasting duo, who just plain bore me, and are indeed homers themselves, but the stat overlays, camera-work, etc. is first-rate.

EDIT: It sucks that we catch both Lowry & Lincecum (I've never seen a pitcher that good with only 2 pitches - he is filthy!), but as mentioned, that "offense" is purely awful. Their runs today were not exactly pretty - the HR was, but only putting up 2 runs for your pitcher, and having the other two come directly from his bat, is just kinda sad. We were fortunate the sCrUBs didn't get that win.

Archived