Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thur. 5/31 - Inman Shines, Oxspring's Night

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thursday's Daily Menu:

All times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: RHP Chris Oxspring at home vs. Las Vegas (Dodgers), 6:45 PM pre-game; 7:00 gametime

Audio link:

www.nashvillesounds.com/listenlive/

Huntsville: LHP Steve Hammond at home vs. Montgomery (Devil Rays), 6:50 PM pre-game; 7:05 gametime

Audio link:

www.huntsvillestars.com/

Brevard County: TBD at home vs. Daytona (Cubs), 5:50 PM pre-game, 6:00 gametime; it'll probably be RHP Will Inman, it's his turn

Audio link (game will also archive at this link):

www.minorleaguebaseball.c.../audio.jsp

West Virginia: LHP Brae Wright at Kannapolis (White Sox), 5:55 PM pre-game, 6:05 gametime

Audio link (game will also archive at this link):

www.minorleaguebaseball.c.../audio.jsp

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Thursday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Window". Open the Nashville Gameday. For the others, choose "Log". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

Nashville:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...a_nasaaa_1

Huntsville:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...x_hunaax_1

Brevard County:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...a_breafa_1

West Virginia:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...x_kanafx_1

Brewer Fanatic Staff

These links will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds and/or Huntsville Stars are scheduled to play. Normally they are updated an hour or two prior to gametime, with Nashville's usually earlier:

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

www.nashvillesounds.com/pdf/notes.pdf

Huntsville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

www.huntsvillestars.com/i...eNotes.pdf

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Standings through Wednesday's action:
 Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Iowa 30 22 .577 - 17-7 13-15 W1 Nashville 28 25 .528 2.5 16-9 12-16 W1 Omaha 26 27 .491 4.5 22-10 4-17 L2 Memphis 25 29 .463 6.0 15-11 10-18 L2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Huntsville 27 24 .529 - 15-13 12-11 W1 Tennessee 27 24 .529 - 11-12 16-12 L2 West Tenn 25 28 .472 3.0 16-12 9-16 W2 Chattanooga 23 30 .434 5.0 14-14 9-16 L1 Carolina 20 32 .385 7.5 11-14 9-18 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Florida State League (A+) - FSL East Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brevard County 31 21 .596 - 18-8 13-13 L3 Palm Beach 29 23 .558 2.0 14-13 15-10 W1 Daytona 25 26 .490 5.5 14-8 11-18 W3 Vero Beach 24 28 .462 7.0 17-12 7-16 W1 Jupiter 22 30 .423 9.0 9-16 13-14 L1 St. Lucie 22 30 .423 9.0 11-16 11-14 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- South Atlantic League (A) - SAL Northern Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- West Virginia 35 15 .700 - 18-10 17-5 W5 Greensboro 30 23 .566 6.5 18-8 12-15 L2 Lakewood 26 23 .531 8.5 13-14 13-9 W1 Lake County 25 27 .481 11.0 15-13 10-14 W3 Hagerstown 23 30 .434 13.5 13-12 10-18 L3 Lexington 23 30 .434 13.5 13-16 10-14 L2 Delmarva 21 29 .420 14.0 11-12 10-17 L1 Hickory 21 29 .420 14.0 9-12 12-17 L1

Wow I didn't notice that BC has lost 3 in a row somehow. Hopefully Inman will do his thing tonight.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Inman going strong through 4 innings. And in West Virginia, my crush on the Brantley, Ford, and Taylor trio is growing.

Inman needs to be moved up. Before today's game, he had started 10 games, and given up 9 earned runs. Freakish.

Man, bases loaded and 1 out...come on Alcides, throw it home! If you don't, Will might get so angry about giving up a run that you'll be sorry!

Good to see Inman dealing. Man, Salome doing well, but not catching much it seems. Still, I can't recall any hitter having that kind of average in Space Coast Stadium. It would have been scary having him in High Desert.

For awhile he was catching every other day, I haven't paid attention much since as I've been very busy. If he's in fact still doing that, it makes sense given he's coming back from a pretty severe injury.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

it makes sense given he's coming back from a pretty severe injury.

I guess I am a bit confused by this. I thought he and Palmisano suffered the same injury. Are we bigger softies now? I don't remember people saying, "well, Lou's doing pretty well given the severity of the injury." Or is it that we just love Angel so much?

Possibly, but he started the season in extended spring training (the DL) so he wasn't healthy enough to start the season. I asked a similar question as you and Mass pointed out that he had been catching, and that's when I went back through the box scores saw the every other day thing. Whatever works I guess, if every other day does the trick, I don't have a problem with it.

I was looking at it from the point of view of limiting Corredor's ABs as he's been pretty poor at the plate. At least Salome is still hitting everyday, but I think pretty everyone is more concerned about his errant throws than his offense at this point.

edit. Also, it just occurred to me that maybe they thought they pushed Lou too fast, which contributed to his decline and probable loss of confidence. Just conjecture on my part, but worth throwing out there at any rate.

- Plato

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Many folks are asking for promotions before the first half ends -- if there's one thing the Brewers have shown over the years time and again, is that they will not move kids (barring multiple injuries causing need) before the player helps his original team secure a playoff spot in a tight race.

That's my concern too. If you leave a guy like Inman at a level where he is dominating as much as he currently is you risk him getting bored and getting shelled because of a lack of concentration and just taking things for granted. I'm not suggesting Inman isn't concentrating or anything but is he really being challenged at this point? It's to the point where if you don't move him soon you could start to stump his development.

Quote:
Many folks are asking for promotions before the first half ends -- if there's one thing the Brewers have shown over the years time and again, is that they will not move kids (barring multiple injuries causing need) before the player helps his original team secure a playoff spot in a tight race.

That being said, would you agree that Inman only has one or two more starts at the most for BC?

Yes, because there's only like 15 games to the halfway point. I'll go look up the exact number if I can find it (Mass probably knows), but BC needs all the wins they can get, they don't have an overwhelming lead.

edit. If the end of the first half is June 15th, they have 14 games left, or 3 starts max for Inman.

- Plato

- Plato

If the end of the first half is June 15th, they have 14 games left, or 3 starts max for Inman.

The first half usually ends around June 10-15th, so that's what I've been thinking.

Hmm, games after the All-Star break, had I read that post entirely the first I would have known. For some reason I thought the first half finished then the All-Star game.

- Plato

- Plato

Archived