Brewer Fanatic

Official MVP Baseball 2005 Discussion Thread

BrewCrewForever

So, in an effort to bump this back up, but mainly to report one random occurance...

My gf just got a job at a movie store, which means I get free VG rentals.

[Hallelujah!]

So the first game I enthusiastically selected was MVP '07, which is obviously the NCAA game. I'd played '06, just to check out their new swinging technique (right analog stick backwards then forwards), and really enjoyed it. Well, somehow they totally biffed on '07. The gameplay sucks, plainly put, the players move like drunk Gumby, and the hitting is - at best - not improved in any way.

The only thing I like in the current MVP style is the position player throwing - using the R analog stick, pointed in the direction of the base to which you want to throw, and then a diamond-shaped meter (starts from opposite corner of the diamond from the base at which you aim - so a throw to 1B, the meter starts at 3B, and moves simultaneously toward 2B & HP (think of this as the basepath getting 'filled in' for those who aren't familiar), then past, & toward the targeted base) appears, but don't release either too soon or too late, or you have an off-line throw on your hands, and a good chance at an error.

The old 'baserunner slightly touches the catcher, who's in possession of the ball but gets no tag down, and is magically out' glitch is STILL there, and wow was I totally unimpressed. Perhaps if they'd retained the MLB rights, they'd have worked harder on the gameplay, but let's all be thankful MVP is currently not making an MLB game. There'd be a lotta pissed off customers. Viva la Show!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the outfield allignment at standard?because I'm sick of having Carl Crawford hitting the ball 300 feet and because my outfield automatically shifts itself way in its an easy triple. I know you can do it manually, but by the 2nd or 3rd at bat I forget to shift them back and it always happens and drives me nuts!

probably need to be more specific. How far into the game does it crash? When you get the logo screen? The menu screen? After you start a game? Once you are playing? I realize you say "owner mode" so I'm curious how far into the mode you are getting before it crashes.

Have you added anything (like a mod) or downloaded patches?

If I were you, I would go to mvpmods.com and download the MVP07 mod. AWESOME!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It crashes when I try to leave a game, be it at the very end screen of a game, or during the middle ("return to sim options").

I haven't loaded any mods. I suppose I should look for patches/fixes I should download. Are there any?

there are several patches. Most important is MVP patch #3. It helps with some graphics issues. You should be able to find it somewhere on the net (I KNOW it's on MVPmods.com).

If you haven't yet, though, I HIGHLY recommend that mvp07 mod I talked about earlier. It has updated rosters (as of Opening Day 07), updated stadiums, updated uniforms, updated photos, everything! Plus, there is an extra patch included to make it work even better. Just follow the instructions after downloading. They also recommend a "clean install".

If you don't want to do that and are just fiddling with the program, that is a very strange place for the game to be crashing. What are your system specs?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the outfield allignment at standard?because I'm sick of having Carl Crawford hitting the ball 300 feet and because my outfield automatically shifts itself way in its an easy triple. I know you can do it manually, but by the 2nd or 3rd at bat I forget to shift them back and it always happens and drives me nuts!

I'm pretty sure you can. Go into the menu (white button on XBOX) and flip over to the outfield alignment. Take it off "automatic" and switch it to, I can't remember which it is, "manual" or "none." Just take it off automatic for sure.

• 8 months later...
I was wondering if anyone updated rosters lately or possibly from last season for PS2. I would really like to get them. Thanks

Go to here.

http://kingrosters.com/roster.html

Go to the bottom where it says PS2. It is updated as of 4-1-08.

The guy who created them has an account on brewerfan.net. He deserves all the credit. The Rosters are amazing.

You will also need a PS2 Max Drive.

You can get one here..

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Max-Drive-for-PS2/dp/B0002MHF3G

I am playing a franchise right now with the Brewers. I am 9-4. Here is my rosters

SP - Ben Sheets

SP - Jeff Suppan

SP - Yovani Gallardo

SP - Carlos Villanueva

SP - Manny Parra

RP - Mitch Stetter

RP - Seth McClung

RP - Salomon Torres

RP - David Riske

RP - Brian Shouse

RP - Guillermo Mota

CL - Eric Gagne

C- Jason Kendall

1B - Prince Fielder

2B - Rickie Weeks

SS - JJ Hardy

3B - Bill Hall

LF - Ryan Braun

CF - Mike Cameron

RF - Corey Hart

Bench - Tony Gwynn Jr.

Bench - Joe Dillion

Bench - Gabe Kapler

Bench - Craig Counsell

Bench - Mike Rivera

And don't think you will only get the Major league roster complete.

In Nashville I have..

3B - Russell Branyan

2B - Hernan Iribarren

SS - Alcides Escobar

SP - Jeff Weaver

SP - Dave Bush

RP - Derrick Turnbow

C - Vinny Rottino

RP - Luis Pena

SP - Zach Jackson

In Hunstville..

RF - Matt LaPorta

3B - Matt Gamel

LF - Cole Gillespie

RF - Lorenzo Cain

http://by118w.bay118.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=100f7dde-71ed-4afe-9d92-8ccaf715ae3a&Aux=4%7C0%7C8CA7C22796B1850%7C

( Sorry for the bad pic, it was with my phone)

Basically everyone you can think of is on the game.

KgBaseball has made these rosters so accurate its crazy.

Sorry KGBASEBALL if I did something you didnt want me to do, but more people need to know about your rosters.

Archived