Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/20/07 Brewers (Gallardo) at Diamondbacks (Davis) 8:40 PM CDT

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are up 9-0. Braun has cooled off considerably and needs a break. Would you rather he sit tomorrow or Wed. against Webb? And the pen has been overworked all season. Yo needs to suck it up considering the track record of the rest of the starting staff. Nothing like Brewers fans to be negative in the face of success.

Well as far as why Counsell is in is its a blowout game and you want to get Counsell in for the defense. As far as why the heck Yost would pinch hit for Braun is beyond me. It could be either he wants to get Counsell and AB or that he doesn't want to score more runs with Braun in there.

Braun needs 503 PA not AB's to qualify for the batting title. He can still win it with less than 503 PA as long as he is still the leader once the amount of hitless PA's are added to get him to 503.

They are up 9-0. Braun has cooled off considerably and needs a break. Would you rather he sit tomorrow or Wed. against Webb?

So, he doesn't need a break from defense, just batting? I have no problem sitting him but the timing was just odd.

Nice couple of innings there for Villy. Hopefully he gets things turned around starting with tonight. With Capuano moving to the pen, I guess they can afford to let Villy get a little work in a blowout to work out whatever problems he has instead of resting him.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

This game would give me some hope that this team is mad or something, about to go on a great roll, but recent history tells me this is more likely an apparition than not.

I would usually agree with you but I have a feeling that they're just relaxing. I don't think it's about anger or drive tonight. They looked way more comfortable the whole game. Yes, a big lead will do that for you but all around I thought they were as relaxed as I've seen them in a while.

Archived