Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/20/07 Brewers (Gallardo) at Diamondbacks (Davis) 8:40 PM CDT

Holy crap. For some reason, I thought the Brewers had the day off today. I checked ESPN to see how the Cubs game ended up after the delay and had to do a double-take when I saw that we were up 9-0. Wow.

Side note: The Sportscenter tease going into commercial was, "Cardinals stay hot." What? Winning one after losing two in a row means they are still hot?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did Bill S. just say a little while ago that the pennant race starts about the 2nd week of September. Doesn't it really start on opening day? Ok, I know most people don't look at it that way, but 2nd week in Sept?...I think it starts earlier than that.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Side note: The Sportscenter tease going into commercial was, "Cardinals stay hot." What? Winning one after losing two in a row means they are still hot?

ESPN's probably looking at the bigger picture -- St. Louis has still won 17 of 20, even if they've dropped 2 of their last 3. The first two games of the CHC series were close games that could've gone either way, IMO.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

My guess is that it's a blowout so give Braun a little rest, I guess...he made an error, oh well...give Counsell some loving from the AZ crowd, which didn't work out all that well as the PA announcer said Braun.

Archived