Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/20/07 Brewers (Gallardo) at Diamondbacks (Davis) 8:40 PM CDT

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers ought to be embarrassed by that, actually.

I think i might have been a little premature with my previous statement. Maybe if we would've signed cirillo for another year or two and stuck him in the pen we wouldn't have had the late inning troubles we've had this year.

http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

This game would give me some hope that this team is mad or something, about to go on a great roll, but recent history tells me this is more likely an apparition than not.

Sounds like something someone would have said after that no hitter and it's kind of surprising to hear it from you.

As I'm sure you appreciate, it's a long season and there's been extreme highs, terrible lows and everything in between. The result has been that the Brewers are 3 games over and tied for the division lead after 125 games. While the last month or so has been hard on all Brewer fans, there's no reason to think that this is the real Brewers and April was the fake Brewers. The Brewers are collectively what they've done before 2007 and what they've done all this season. have to look at the big picture, right?

I'm looking forward to the last 37 games and I hope everyone else is too.

Should be a fun ride the rest of the way, that's for sure.

If only this ride was like one at an amusement park where you only had to wait an hour or two, as opposed to, oh i don't know, an entire lifetime.

As much as i would love to spend this time crying over every move made like i'm the gm, at this point i'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride. It might be the only one i ever get.

This game would give me some hope that this team is mad or something, about to go on a great roll, but recent history tells me this is more likely an apparition than not.

Sounds like something someone would have said after that no hitter and it's kind of surprising to hear it from you.

This team has given up so many large-run leads in the past few weeks that I didn't feel at all sure about this game until it was over. I also have a difficult time taking this in context of the season because, while the season in made up of a whole set of numbers, trends still exist inside of those sets, and the trend is that our pitching is terrible, and our defense not much better. I have a tough time seeing this team competing with the Cubs the rest of the way without quite a bit of turnaround in the ERA. As I said at the beginning of the season, this is an 85 win team. I still see that, but we'll need to be better than that to beat out the Cubs, and therefore the pitching needs to get better than it has been so far over the course of the season.

Too bad we didn't re-sign Cirillo. That knuckeball could be useful in our bullpen. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Regardless of tonight's final score, would it be accurate to say that the Brewers pwned Sharpie in his brief outing?

I never thought I'd see hawing type pwned. This, along with the blowout win in the Brewers favor, plus Cirillo pitching just made my week.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

I never thought I'd see hawing type pwned.

I was just so relieved that Sharpie came through for me. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

But along these lines, I suppose Counsell is now pwned by Jeff Cirillo. Does anyone else get the feeling that Rillo's never going to let him forget that?

Don't let up now, Brewers. Give me another (good) reason to stay up late again tonight.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I had fallen asleep watching the game in bed, and I wake up and in a sleepy gaze and see Cirillo pitching! I couldn't believe it, I thought I was having a dream. Then I saw we were still up 9-0 so I turned it off and went to sleep. Great win Crew! Lets keep it up!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived