Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/19 Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Birthday Boy Capuano, 29)

Mass Haas
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn...looks like Prince swung at Ball 4 there. Bummer. At least they're losing entertaining games now...I'll take a 7-6 loss over a 9-3 loss.

Words cannot express how much I hate Javier Valentin. He's like David Eckstein, Jack Wilson, and Ryan Freel all rolled into one gigantic Brewer killer.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

What's really, really discouraging to me, is that there was never really a doubt in my mind that they just weren't going to get it done. Even after the leadoff single.

If they would have, I would have been very surprised. Pleasantly surprised, of course, but it was not to be. Again.

Failure to execute again. Counsel got the bunt down but Weeks at least has to get the man to 3rd so Weathers has to worry about the ball in the dirt. This was part of my point on the HR/Run scored business.

Brewers Fan Guide for Dummies:

Slam hand in car door.

Open door, remove hand.

Repeat.

Barring a 6-3 road trip, it's going to be pretty tough for the Brewers to win the division. Given the way the Dbacks are playing, things could be looking pretty bleak come Wednesday if they're facing Webb and looking at going below .500

Archived