Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/19 Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Birthday Boy Capuano, 29)

Mass Haas
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HR/Runs Scored: The Brewers are #1 at 29.2%. Second are the Reds. Those two are quite a bit ahead of everybody else. Lowest is the Angels (14.3). Obviously there are ball park effects and league effects.

HR/Runs Scored: The Brewers are #1 at 29.2%. Second are the Reds. Those two are quite a bit ahead of everybody else. Lowest is the Angels (14.3). Obviously there are ball park effects and league effects.

Well the more HR's you hit the higher your percentage is going to be no matter what. Granted our team at least has a low OBP so we are going to score less than another team if you take away the HR's.

Come on, Damian...now would be a good time for one of your opposite field doubles down the line.

Edit: Well, got the opposite field part right. Too bad it didn't carry past the infield. Dunn coming up again in the 9th scares me...this game reminds me of the first game of the series when the Brewers managed to cut the deficit to 3 and then Dunn put the game away.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

This will be a very tough loss if we can't come back. Could have been a real momentum changer to have back to back wins going into the road trip and we hit up one of the better pitchers in the NL. Getting really tired of feeling we 'should have' won games instead of having actually won them.

I thought leaving in Linebrink to face Shouse was a clear mistake and I would have written it, but was eating dinner at the time. I know the Reds announcers were really suprised and shocked that Shouse didn't come in.

But, the Reds announcers also made the point that the players involved still have to execute. Anyway, Yost isn't going to be fired and people aren't going to change their minds about Yost one way or another. Just hope the Brewers can come back in the bottom of the 9th.

Well the more HR's you hit the higher your percentage is going to be no matter what. Granted our team at least has a low OBP so we are going to score less than another team if you take away the HR's.

Not necessarily. The Yankees and Tigers, for example, hit a lot of HR's but are relatively low. Of course, that can be explained by OBP, which is somewhat the point. Also, the ability to score cheap runs like the Reds just did.

Nice job cutting that ball off by Hart. I would've preferred that Turnbow not let the leadoff guy on, but let's take baby steps towards success here. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Twitter

I was doing so good at not getting emotional during these games but a win yesterday gave me hope. I'm so foolish.

I need someone new to blame this game on. This one is on the scoreboard operator. Yup. Wrong chants at the wrong times. Stupid scoreboard operator.....he makes me soooooo mad.......

Stupid Yost, why didn't he put in Cordero for the 9th? What a horrible manager.

Nice job putting up a 0, Turnbow. How about a little more birthday magic for JJ in the 9th? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Twitter

Wow, it's Groundhog Day err Sunday again. :-( Another nice lead goes to waste. This is like the 5th or 6th time it's happened since late July. Maybe they have a comeback in them in the bottom of the ninth. But I am not holding my breath. GRRRRR....

I remember the game we blew against the Phillies when I thought we should have let Linebrink pitch the 9th. Now we leave him in for that extra inning and he gets everything up. We just don't have a real dependable option at any point in the bullpen any more. Derrick just had a scoreless 9th, which makes Ned's decision look worse. This time I understand it. It would sure be nice to have another LOOGY so that we could have matched up with Dunn and Griffey. I am sure that as the long man that Parra is being saved in case we go extra innings.

Archived