Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/17 Reds (Arroyo 5-13 5.63 ERA) at Brewers (Suppan 8-10 4.90 ERA) 7:05pm

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just back from the game, and I am utterly appalled. I will have to think long and hard to come up with a Brewer play that was as bad as the two-run double-error. Might be the worst of all time, and at the moment it seems that way. This team has absolutely quit, and all that's left is the daily home run derby. Looks like Hardy won tonight, hitting 8th in the order ----> didn't he hit well in that spot in Houston then get plunked right back into the 2nd spot during the Cardinal sweep? <---- (I blame the manager for this one - surprise, surprise)

Defense, timely hitting, excitement, pitching (yeah Suppan wasn't even good tonight - see two out walk turns into run).... its all gone. Haven't seen it in some time and I doubt its coming back this year with any type of regularity. The saddest thing about this collapse is the 3 prospects we traded. To think we could ever be buyers.

I never agree with leaving a game early.

Sad part is, neither did I... until this year. "Never over till its over," my dad used to say. Well today, my dad and I looked at each other after the appalling play mentioned above and said, "let's go, at least we'll beat the traffic." This years team has crushed my spirit more than any other.

Did anyone hear what the final measurement was on Dunn's jack?

I'm not saying everyone should be jumping up and down, excited as a blind man

Russ -- I have never know the blind to be excited or jumping around :-)

reading the Reds website they measured the shot at 455. I was there, and I have have never seen a ball hit farther than that one.(other than in batting practice).

I was listening to the radio yesterday, and someone was comparing this year's Brewers to the 2001 Minnesota Twins.

Everybody knew that the twins, in the couple of years beforehand, had growing, budding talent, and it was just a matter of time before it all came together.

In 2001, the Twinkies started out super hot, grabbing a big lead on the rest of the division, only to choke it away with a long, mired second half slump.

However, in the next three seasons ('02-'04), the Twins kept that talent together and won the division, thus making the playoffs.

Looks like Hardy won tonight, hitting 8th in the order ----> didn't he hit well in that spot in Houston then get plunked right back into the 2nd spot during the Cardinal sweep? <---- (I blame the manager for this one - surprise, surprise)

It's really easy to blame the manager for something like this, when in reality it's not his fault. Hardy was hot, he would produce more in the 2 hole, and if he had Ned wouldn't have gotten any praise whatsoever. But since he didn't do well there it's all Ned's fault. It really is ridiculous the stuff that people blame Yost for.

Archived