Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/17 Reds (Arroyo 5-13 5.63 ERA) at Brewers (Suppan 8-10 4.90 ERA) 7:05pm

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Junior-Phillips-Dunn in the 9th...yikes. Here's to hoping Linebrink stays great since the trade here. Still holding out hope that they can get something started against Weathers in the bottom half of the 9th, but they need a 0 here.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

When I was a kid I thought David Weathers was the worst pitcher ever. Well second worst, Bruce Ruffin was the worst. Now he's old too, so second worst pitcher ever on top of being old. I figure we ought to score at least 12 runs off of him.

That's by far the longest HR I've ever seen hit live. Too bad it had to come in the 9th when the Brewers needed to put up a 0.

Haha...the graphic heading into the commercial: "FSN Wisconsin: Stay tuned...you never know what could happen." You know it's getting bad when the network is mildly admitting defeat.

Twitter

You know, I really convinced myself that the Brewers were different this year. Now, I just keep saying to myself this is a repeat of '94, or '97, or '01. Pick the year but we still are the Brewers. It really sucks to admit that.

Just back from the game, and I am utterly appalled. I will have to think long and hard to come up with a Brewer play that was as bad as the two-run double-error. Might be the worst of all time, and at the moment it seems that way. This team has absolutely quit, and all that's left is the daily home run derby. Looks like Hardy won tonight, hitting 8th in the order ----> didn't he hit well in that spot in Houston then get plunked right back into the 2nd spot during the Cardinal sweep? <---- (I blame the manager for this one - surprise, surprise)

Defense, timely hitting, excitement, pitching (yeah Suppan wasn't even good tonight - see two out walk turns into run).... its all gone. Haven't seen it in some time and I doubt its coming back this year with any type of regularity. The saddest thing about this collapse is the 3 prospects we traded. To think we could ever be buyers.

All I'm hoping for is that the Brewers will be within striking distance once Sheets come back. If they can survive another couple weeks without falling way out of contention, I think they'll be fine.

Twitter

Just back from the game, and I am utterly appalled. I will have to think long and hard to come up with a Brewer play that was as bad as the two-run double-error. Might be the worst of all time, and at the moment it seems that way. This team has absolutely quit, and all that's left is the daily home run derby. Looks like Hardy won tonight, hitting 8th in the order ----> didn't he hit well in that spot in Houston then get plunked right back into the 2nd spot during the Cardinal sweep? <---- (I blame the manager for this one - surprise, surprise)

Defense, timely hitting, excitement, pitching (yeah Suppan wasn't even good tonight - see two out walk turns into run).... its all gone. Haven't seen it in some time and I doubt its coming back this year with any type of regularity. The saddest thing about this collapse is the 3 prospects we traded. To think we could ever be buyers.

I never agree with leaving a game early.

All I'm hoping for is that the Brewers will be within striking distance once Sheets come back. If they can survive another couple weeks without falling way out of contention, I think they'll be fine.

They will be fine if Sheets can start 3 games a week. I don't think he can tho.

Dang...Brewers can't even get a 2 out hit to fall in the 9th. The combination of bad luck on offense and horrible defense really makes for some tough losses. The worst part about tonight is that Suppan didn't even pitch that badly, but the defense let him down horribly. That's back-to-back decent pitching outings that have gone to waste after all the complaining about the bad starting pitching...now the offense can't do anything while the pitching is at least decent and the defense is horrible.

Twitter

Archived