Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/16 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Bush) 1:05

mls4
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal.

Yesterday, we lose to a pitcher who was released after 3 straight seasons with an ERA over 5.

Now, we're facing a guy who retired and didn't pitch last year. Watch him throw up a shutout rack.

When the Reds come in, their rotation they should activate Tom Browning, Jim Maloney and Jack Billingham.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

It was just one of those all-too-frequent calls where you have no idea what's going on. It was basically, "and Jenkins is there...(pause)...(mumble)..." and the next thing you know more runs have scored and he still hasn't told you exactly how the out turned into RBIs. Not very good at the play-by-play IMO.

I've been there. Sometimes, saying nothing is more effective than trying to put the words out there, especially now that the FCC is cracking down on that language thing. http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

So assuming this game finishes 8-0, we've now been outscored 112-55 this month. Chew on that for awhile.

Actually, just to make this worse. We're 4-11 this month, outscored 112-55.

Assuming the Cubs game finishes where it is now at 12-4, the Cubs are 5-10 this month and have been outscoured 91-74.

Brutal.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif We just got swept

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif We could be in third place by the end of this weekend

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif I'm about to gag

I'm about the furthest thing from "the eternal optimist", but am I the only one who thinks that the Brewers are going to kick the living (expletive) out of the Reds this weekend?

I'm not trying to make any big picture projections, just really feel like they're going to get right, at least for a few days.

Yes, yes you are the only one that thinks that.

Another crushing/demoralizing/brutal defeat, and to make it worse its a home sweep at the hands of the Cards. When do we next get to celebrate the 1982 World Series losing team? Can't wait for that, really.

Bill Hall = Jeffrey Hammonds

There - I said it...Feel free to obliterate me

I love it!!! I was wondering who to compare him to. Wonder who the sucker team will be that pays him millions of dollars to be mediocre. Oh wait...

Days like today, I wish we could have Billy Martin for a manager.
Don't think today is on the MGR. (If that is what you are implying)

Everyday from here on out is on the manager, win or lose. He's got them battling out there, and we all know battlers turn it around eventually.

Days like today, I wish we could have Billy Martin for a manager.
Don't think today is on the MGR. (If that is what you are implying)

Everyday from here on out is on the manager, win or lose. He's got them battling out there, and we all know battlers turn it around eventually.

So today isn't on those guys who swing the bats and throw the baseball? I must have missed something

So today isn't on those guys who swing the bats and throw the baseball? I must have missed something

Yep, its on them too. Its on all of them. I am not giving any of them a free pass. Billy Martin would have beat them all down into applesauce, but Yost will prop them up for battling out there against a tough pitcher. He is what I consider a Losing Enabler.

Not quite. I think the Brewers are capable of kicking the stuffing out of the Reds this weekend. I might fall a bit short of Lil Dummy's optimism, but I salute him for sharing it.

If nothing else, I think the Brewers are capable of another exciting "Saturday night special" that temporarily lifts our spirits, though perhaps only to have them crushed anew on Sunday and beyond.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The manager cannot control if we hit the ball or not (maybe lineups) but he can control what we do with our pitchers. Bush threw 127 pitches today and in a game were we lost 8-0 we used our top three relievers (Linebrink, Turnbow, and Coco). He has already run the bullpen into the ground and the rotation is next. And everyone wonders why our rotation is going 5 innings every start. I remember last week he had Suppan out there for 126 pitches. Just terrible. I was at the game today and was watching Mark A after the game and he sat in his seat for five minutes and shook his head. After the entire team was in the dugout he jumped over the railing onto the field and stormed into the dugout. Hopefully changes are on the way. This team needs a shakeup and the time is now.

brewtank34 wrote:

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif We could be in third place by the end of this weekend.

Impossible. Even if we get swept by the Reds (ohh that sends a chill through you if you think it)

Cards sweep the records would be.

Cardinals 61-60

Brewers 62-62

Cubs 61-62

Cards take 2 of 3 the records would be.

Cubs 62-61

Brewers 62-62

Cardinals 60-61

Cubs take 2 of 3 records would be.

Cubs 63-60

Brewers 62-62

Cardinals 59-62

Cubs sweep records would be

Cubs 64-59

Brewers 62-62

Cardinals 58-63

I'm SO glad I decided to grill out and drink beer and watch/listen to the game today. The best part of the day so far has been the 2 hours afterward sitting in the sun and reading Baseball Weekly while continuing to drink beer. Kind of like tailgating without the camaraderie. Man, I need more friends. Of course, nobody around here cares about the Brewers. Okay, this belongs more in the drunk thread/vent thread.

Anyways, we're still in first place. So I guess I shouldn't get too mad.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Here is the problem: soooooo many people are saying, if you would have told me the Brewers would be in first place on August 16th...I'd take it. But what about if I told you the Brewers were .5 up on the Cubs and 2.5 on the Cards back in June?

There has to be one more surge by this team, but it's going to take a big hit to get things going. I thought it might come today if Braun could have ripped a single in the third with the bases loaded, but when he watched strike three...the Brewers didn't get another runner in scoring position all game. That's the frustrating part.

This team should be fighting mad...but they seem to be realxed and saying...we're still in first.

Why does anyone think they will win against the Reds? After what I've watched the past three days....no way.

Not quite. I think the Brewers are capable of kicking the stuffing out of the Reds this weekend. I might fall a bit short of Lil Dummy's optimism, but I salute him for sharing it.

If nothing else, I think the Brewers are capable of another exciting "Saturday night special" that temporarily lifts our spirits, though perhaps only to have them crushed anew on Sunday and beyond.

I'm going to take this optimism and declare a "must sweep" series against the Reds. I've never done that before. Kinda fun. The Crew must and will sweep Cinci-Nasty. HBO just cancelled John from from Cincinnati..so its all starting to go against them.

Archived