Brewer Fanatic

Time to sit Hart, play Gross

JohnBriggs12
I didn't say that Gross was as good a defender as Hart but I think hart is well above average. Gross is a fine defender, provided you can get past one or two very bad plays he's had this year. You can't seem to and if you judge a defender based on his very best or worst plays, you probably aren't judging him very well.

Is anyone keeping track of which Brewers haven't been bashed? Or who's been bashed the least? Bashing Gabe doesn't make a whole lot of sense for either his offense or defense. He's not an all-star player, but he is what his and he can contribute. It's not like he's Bonds in the OF.

As far as who's been bashed the least...my guess would be Manny Parra or maybe Damian Miller

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

JJ,

I started a thread asking who hasn't been bashed but I thought better of it and deleted my post. To my recollection, Prince is about the only one who has not.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Guy gets two hits and we're talking sitting regulars.

actually, this thread started before Gabe got an AB yesterday.

I still want Hart playing a lot and I don't even want a strict R/L platoon, I just want Gross to start twice (maybe thrice) a week. It's worth it in case Gross gets hot.

"Since Gross falls over whenever a routine ball comes to him.... "

Or he can just stop running toward a fly ball, and just let it drop in front of him instead...oh wait, someone already tried that yesterday! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

I'm not sure why you'd use a small sample to judge Hart when he has plenty of AB's this year and career to use. Should you bench anyone that goes 0-4?

Anything can happen over a month, that's exactly what a small sample is. 100-150 AB's literally mean less than nothing.

Archived