Brewer Fanatic

consecutive game triples streak

djoctagone

this streak is much more exciting than the doubles streak the brewers had early in the season.

with joe dillon's pinch hit triple last night, the brewers have tripled in seven consecutive games, a club record, as reported by jsonline.

(consolidated tags --1992)

from brewers.com:

Make mine a triple: The Brewers' franchise-record streak of seven straight games with a triple came to an end Thursday, but many of the players didn't even know the streak existed, let alone that it came to an end.

Dillon chuckled when informed he helped break the record with a three-bagger in the Brewers' 8-3 loss to the Cardinals on Wednesday.

"Oh, really?" he asked.

Dillon, Corey Hart and Ryan Braun each chipped in with two triples over the span, with Prince Fielder belting the other one. Hart, who is tied for the team lead with Braun with five triples, said players actually hit a lot more triple-worthy shots into the outfield than they realize.

"A lot of the time, you don't trust your capability of getting there," Hart said. "A lot of times, guys have to make a really good throw to get you."

Hart said he usually decides to round second base for third any time he sees the ball still rolling in the outfield grass by the time he gets to the base.

"I feel like I have enough speed," he said.

Milwaukee set its previous record of six straight games with a triple between Sept. 22-27, 1991.

Archived