Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/15 Cards (Pinero: R 2-2 4.50) - Milw (Gallardo: R 4-2 4.20) 7:05

brewerjamie15
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Ned. I like this team. But Ned and this team are in denial. They can't keep to the company line and win this division. They are absolutely getting schooled right now in every facet of the game. The fans doubts/concerns at this time are not some delusional obsession, but a reaction to what is clearly apparent in the field.

If they don't hit a homers, they don't score consistently. They can't hit enough homers to keep up with their starting pitching staff. The bullpen can't keep up with the starting pitching even when we have a late lead. They don't have enough discipline to methodically produce runs over the course of game to bury a team or catch up with a team. This team is a year away from being what we think they can be. The only question is whether the NL Central is just bad enough to let them sneak into the thing at the end. I think the Cardinals have woke up, and decided they want their title back. So even in the NL Central, we're in trouble.

They are absolutely getting schooled right now in every facet of the game.

Exactly. It looks like the Brewers are a AA team against this Cardinals lineup. To not be able to hit Pinero is very discouraging. This guy was essentially cut this year and yet he's dominating the Brewers. Every inning we hit it's not even like we put up any bit of a fight whatsoever. They make it look easy against our shoddy hitters. I am not encouraged about this season. It is not a rash comment by any means. This comment is a few weeks in the making and I have watched game in and game out and think this club is heading in one direction and one direction only....downward in the divisional standings.

At this point, it's not even like the Brewers just need a couple guys to round back into form or a couple tweaks here and there. The team needs almost everybody to make a complete one-eighty to have any chance at the playoffs or a winning record.

I am excited for the next few years, though. As Paul Molitor said yesterday, the 1982 team had the same core of players for several years, from about 1978. They didn't make their run right away, and perhaps this team won't, either. It is nice to actually care for once, though.

The Brewers now have a team ERA of 7.18 for the month of August. I don't care how bad you are, that's just really hard to do. It's got to get better, right???

Maybe we'll win 30 of our final 40 games?

They are absolutely getting schooled right now in every facet of the game.

That's the complete truth. They are putting up a rediculously small amount of hits against below-average and average pitchers. Most of our staff is unpredictable to say the least, but more of them are becoming predictable and not in a good way.

The problem is, even if the Brewers aren't as good as people thought or whatever, they should atleast be better than they've been doing. They are playing absolutely terrible baseball, and while they aren't good right now, they certainly shouldn't be absolutely terrible.

If (when) they blow this divisional lead for good, this has to be considered one the biggest choke jobs in all of baseball, doesn't it? With a huge divisional lead and essentially being on top throughout the season, it looks very bad to have us blow this in front of everyone's eyes. Not good. If they miss the playoffs, I'm sorry, but Ned's gone.

If (when) they blow this divisional lead for good, this has to be considered one the biggest choke jobs in all of baseball, doesn't it?

Eh, not so much. Sure they had a sizeable lead in the division, but that was relatively early in terms of a baseball season. It's not like they just coughed it up losing 10 in a row while the Cubs won 10 in a row.

It's more of a slow, painful, agonizing death of a division lead.

ahhh, doug should just bring up the entire nashville team.... this is just flat out embarrassing

http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

With a huge divisional lead and essentially being on top throughout the season, it looks very bad to have us blow this in front of everyone's eyes. Not good.

Doesn't matter how it looks. There is no AP poll in MLB.

I have to tell you, when I was in Denver last week, I did not like the look and feel of the players. I know you stat'ers say psychologically in sports is bogus, or that I'm relying on one small incident, but I disagree. After the disheartening Cappy loss on Tuesday night where the Rockies rallied for a big victory late in the game, the players were all out before the game on Wednesday stretching, doing there pregame warmup thing. Then, on the jumbotron, they started to play highlights of the previous nights defeat. To a man, every player stopped what they were doing and watched the Rockies rallying highlights from the night before as the PA announcer narrated. Some of them just shook their heads and stared at the screen. It was a palpable moment. I knew right then they would get swept that Wed, because they were re-living the past rather than focusing on the task at hand. I don't question their heart, or their talent, because I believe they have more than enough of both. But they are still learning how to win consistently. Consistency, and learning how to cope with failure, are challenges for the young. Those things are as much psychology as anything. And based on what I saw that afternoon, I think this team still must make significant progress in those areas before they succeed like we know they can.

Archived