Brewer Fanatic

IGT 8/15 Cards (Pinero: R 2-2 4.50) - Milw (Gallardo: R 4-2 4.20) 7:05

brewerjamie15

Joel Pinero gets the nod from Tony LaRussa for this evening. Pinero s currently 2-2 with an ERA of 4.50 in 46.0 innings of work. He has allowed 52 hits and 23 earned runs. He has fanned 26 and walked 16. Pinero is making his third start of the season tonight. Last time out was at home hosting SD where his went 7 complete innings, gave no earned runs, no walks, and scattered 4 hits.

Yovani Gallardo is up for Milwaukee tonight. Coming into this evening, he is 4-2 with an ERA of 4.20 and has 8 starts in 11 appearances. Gallardo has been quite reliable this year and an almost sure fired victory for the Crew when he's the starter. Unfortunately in his last start, he was lit up large. Gallardo gave up more runs (11) in that start than in his previous 7 appearances combined (9). Gallardo's 4 wins are deceiving as his bullpen has let him down more than one time. In 55.2 innings of work this season Yo has allowed 26 earnies, 4 dingers, 20 walks and has struck out 48.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Warning to those watching this game, Brewer hitters, and pitchers: The homeplate umpire will be Doug Eddings. Eddings has the most creative strike zone in baseball.

Ahh the earthquake strikezone. Outstanding. I wish Hall would get the day off over Hart. Don't care who you put in CF either Gross or Hart but ugh Hall is horrible and now I'm rambling.

Pathetic line-up indeed. When does Fielder's suspension begin?

At least Yost doesn't have Mench in there. Lets hope that Gross can continue racking the ball as he was in AAA.

Here's an idea Ned....lets start a sub par line-up for Gallardo after he got rocked in his last outing....yeah, that will definitely give him a boost of morale. Ned...............YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck trying to find a job next year.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/pimp.gif

Brewers lineup for tonight, ahhh ok

I wonder if Ned is putting the players' names in a Boggle-type shaker and thus generating near-random lineups.

The general lineup pattern for the Houston series just didn't make me shake my head like tonight's and last night's have.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Lineup looks fine to me, Gross is generally decent for OBP and Weeks wrist is going to make him miss time, to be honest Counsell is probably an upgrade overall. I don't know why Hart is sitting but its not like he's been hitting well either so no real complaints.

When does Fielder's suspension begin?

Who knows... I think he will probably appeal it, then it has to be heard by Selig (that may take awhile) and then, if it upheld, he will serve it. It just depends on when Selig hears Prince's appeal.

I am simply at a loss as to why Hart would be sitting. Hopefully this is not going to hurt us as much as I feel it is. Hopefully Gallardo bounces back from that performace the last time and the brewers can put together a string of innings with crooked numbers and hold the cardinals offense down.

Did not take ned long to put gross in to the lineup! But he's been raking in AAA so maybe that will correspond to tonite aganst Pinero!

I love Gross leading off.

I'm about ready for Weeks to just go on the shelf for the rest of the year. He can't hit right now, neither can Counsell, but the defense is an upgrade. It's going to ride on Fielder/Braun/Jenkins the rest of the way, anyhow.

When does Fielder's suspension begin?

Who knows... I think he will probably appeal it, then it has to be heard by Selig (that may take awhile) and then, if it upheld, he will serve it. It just depends on when Selig hears Prince's appeal.

How bad would it be if Prince's suspension had to be served during the Cubs series at Wrigley? That would be the worst.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived