Brewer Fanatic

Robin Yount sighting?

Teatoe993
So I was at Road America in Elkhart Lake last Saturday for the American Le Mans Series race. I was sitting on the grass in turn 5 when a gentleman who looked exactly like Robin Yount walked by. He was tall and thin and his hair was cut short with sideburns. I was tempted to say "Hey Robin!" but was afraid that it really wasn't him. After thinking about it and now knowing about the 1982 celebration this week, I get the feeling that it probably was him. Was anyone else at the races this past weekend and happened to see him too?

I was there. We were standing along the fence near 5 for awhile, during Atlantic qualifying I think. I didn't see anybody that looked like Robin though. For the ALMS race we were sitting in the area near turn 3. And then it started raining so we left.

Back in '84 or '85 I was at Noah's Ark in the Dells with the park & rec department and Robin was there with his family.

Archived