Brewer Fanatic

8/14/2007: Cardinals (Wells) vs. Brewers (Capuano) 7:25 CT - Tribute to the great memories of Rafael Roque IGT

thablingster
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I left to go check on the Cubs game and am I reading the box score right? The crew is getting 4 hit by Kip? I guess I don't mind getting beat, it's just the fashion of the defeats. It seems like the crew is beating themselves half the time. The walks really bug me.

This team lacks any kind of heart.

If I am wrong, then unfortunately it will be the Cubs. What have you seen from this Brewer team in the last month that leads you to believe they will win it?? Their great pitching?? Maybe it's been their clutch hitting lately?? All I know is this team has had SEVERAL opportunities over the last month(let alone the last week) to basically bury the Cubs and the rest of this division, and they haven't been able to do it. No killer instinct.

The Yankees have so much heart and killer instinct. That's why they win every year. The Brewers just don't want it enough. Well, they did want it enough earlier in the year, when so many proudly proclaimed that the Brewers were winners Then, after the no hitter they started wanting it again but only until they stopped winning. Now they are losing so they obviously don't want to win anymore. Of course, if they start winning again, it will because they wanted to start winning.

Let's get past the sports cliches just once. There's plenty of criticism to heap on the Brewers with regard to talent and performance to have to resort to questioning their desire. It's just so darn lazy.

Herein lies the problem. There is NO questioning the talent on this team. They definitely have the talent, so it's not that. So the question is why the crappy performances lately?? Youth is NOT an excuse, i am so tired of hearing that one. If you can play, you can play. Saying they don't have a killer instinct doesn't mean they don't have the heart or desire IMO. What it means is they SEEM to let up for whatever reasons after jumping out to these early leads. They get complacent and start to get away from everything that got them the lead to begin with. Start swinging at bad pitches, don't work counts, don't make good pitches etc. To be honest with you, as ridiculous as this sounds, I think it has more to do with concentration then anything else. I have no idea why, but that is what swinging at bad pitches, not making pitches etc, seems to lead back to.

Braun = Roger Dorn.

Someone needs to go sleep with his wife.

Braun is not a good third baseman yet. We all knew that. I know it sucks that he makes errors and hurts us, but remember us begging for him early in the season and saying we dont care about the errors?

any bets that the cards pass up both milw and the cubs come mid sept

No bets from me, as I totally agree with you... Even though they aren't in our division, the Washington Nationals are probably gonna finish with a better record than we have. (SEVERE SARCASM)

any bets that the cards pass up both milw and the cubs come mid sept

Sadly, we'll have to be rooting for StL this weekend which makes it even more important that we win the last two of this series.

Man, our guys look lifeless tonight. I'm now resigned to the fate that any time we jump out to an early lead we will lose.

Here are the players who need to kick it in gear...Weeks, Hardy, Hall, Estrada, Hart (and the pitchers). These guys need to watch video from early in the year. I just realized a lot of these guys haven't played a full season...maybe it's catching up (Hall-no excuse)

Does anyone really think that Rickie Weeks has any value? He can't field(I know he has fewer errors but how many infield singles can one second baseman possibly give up)and he can't hit(I am so tired of him trying to pull the outside pitch). He needs to start playing the game the way it is supposed to be played, not the way he wants to play it.

Here are the players who need to kick it in gear...Weeks, Hardy, Hall, Estrada, Hart (and the pitchers). These guys need to watch video from early in the year.

May as well list the whole team. Even the ones who AREN'T scuffling could step it up a bit more.

Lest we forget, this is still a franchise that has not had a winning season since 1992. At this point, I'll settle for 82+ wins and see where that puts us in the division.

This is still a young team, and despite what some see as loads of talent, I don't know that anyone other than Fielder or Braun (if he keeps things going offensively) is really an every-year threat to be an All Star type player. This has the potential to be a very nice lineup as they grow together, but at the same time, they have to play good, smart baseball and they have to learn to deal with the rigors of a 162 game season with lots of ups and downs. That takes time. And even then, the lineup is only goes so far the pitching will take them, and this is still a small market team that simply isn't going to be able to go out and buy three horses for the rotation plus two lights out guys in the pen. To a certain extent, this team is just going to have to catch lightning in a bottle as far as the pitching goes, and then enjoy the ride.

10 runs now, this is getting demoralizing. I hate to say I have very little confidence in the pitching staff right now. I hate to say it, but I think I miss Doug Davis. He was at least consistent. Aggravating as all heck to watch be could eat innings and occasionally threw a gem. I guess we are seeing the real value of Ben Sheets right now.

Archived