Brewer Fanatic

8/14/2007: Cardinals (Wells) vs. Brewers (Capuano) 7:25 CT - Tribute to the great memories of Rafael Roque IGT

thablingster
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since I said this in chat, I'll post it here. How exactly did Cappy suck in the 5th? Mind you he was laboring a bit, but he made the pitch to get the GIDP, Braun messed up, not Cappy and should have been out of the inning into the 6th with a run lead. It just seems that the Brewers try to lose when Cappy pitches, just like Sheets of years past.

I have an idea that just might work. There are plenty of people at the game RIGHT NOW that could suit up and play. Anyone hear of the 1982 AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPION MILWAUKEE BREWERS? Huh? Yeah, that's right, I said it.

Well, come to think of it, that team gave up a comfortable lead, too...

Since I said this in chat, I'll post it here. How exactly did Cappy suck in the 5th? Mind you he was laboring a bit, but he made the pitch to get the GIDP, Braun messed up, not Cappy and should have been out of the inning into the 6th with a run lead. It just seems that the Brewers try to lose when Cappy pitches, just like Sheets of years past.

Single, wild pitch, single, HBP, and then another single after the error sort of qualifies as "suck."

dlk, I thought that just before the game for fun anyways they should do it, but then I thought we came off a good series in Houston I won't test it...but oh well.

And for whatever reason, I can't turn this off and go to bed. It's too hard to look away.

I think the most disturbing part of the evening is not that we haven't gotten any runs since the first, which seems to happen quite frequently, but instead that we haven't gotten a HIT since the first.

C'mon guys, you're better than this.

As I said, lot's of blame to go around here, including Braun. But you can't ignore the fact that Cappy again allowed the lead off hitter to get on board and hit the guy on a 1-2 count to load the bases. Sure, Cappy was trying to come inside when he hit the guy. But nevertheless, he gave the Cardinals a do over for a hitter deep in the hole.

This team lacks any kind of heart.

If I am wrong, then unfortunately it will be the Cubs. What have you seen from this Brewer team in the last month that leads you to believe they will win it?? Their great pitching?? Maybe it's been their clutch hitting lately?? All I know is this team has had SEVERAL opportunities over the last month(let alone the last week) to basically bury the Cubs and the rest of this division, and they haven't been able to do it. No killer instinct.

The Yankees have so much heart and killer instinct. That's why they win every year. The Brewers just don't want it enough. Well, they did want it enough earlier in the year, when so many proudly proclaimed that the Brewers were winners Then, after the no hitter they started wanting it again but only until they stopped winning. Now they are losing so they obviously don't want to win anymore. Of course, if they start winning again, it will because they wanted to start winning.

Let's get past the sports cliches just once. There's plenty of criticism to heap on the Brewers with regard to talent and performance to have to resort to questioning their desire. It's just so darn lazy.

Recent evidence makes this statement at very least debateable. There is a history of this team breaking out big, then never being heard from again in the same game. There is also a history of this team making guys who have otherwise been lit up for most of the year look like Cy Young on the nights they face teh Brewers.

Why does no one on this team want to draw a walk? How many times do our hitters get ahead in the count and then swing at crap?

We have one of the worst pitchers in the majors on the mound in terms of walks allowed, and yet we've drawn ONE (and that was our pitcher!!!!).

I agree..."heart" only has so much to do with it, it's not like they (most of them anyways) aren't hustling, yada, yada, yada, it's just that they aren't playing well right now, at all really. You can only lose a game in this fashion so many times using "heart" and desire to win as an excuse. It's just that as of right now and these last few weeks, they aren't a "good" baseball team.

P.S.: Mood of tonight's IGT...http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif...http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/indifferent.gif...http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eek.gif...http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/mad.gif...

Recent evidence makes this statement at very least debateable. There is a history of this team breaking out big, then never being heard from again in the same game. There is also a history of this team making guys who have otherwise been lit up for most of the year look like Cy Young on the nights they face teh Brewers.

Don't get me wrong, I know they aren't a good team, as of late. But the fact of the matter is, I atleast like to think they are better than a three hit inning in the first then nothing after against a guy like Kip Wells.

The Brewers now have a 5.39 ERA since the All-Star break, worst in the NL. They may need to get that fixed.

One thing I noticed while looking that up is that they've struck out more batters than any other team during that time, but have given up the second most HR. The Brewers like to work in extremes....

Archived