Brewer Fanatic

8/14/2007: Cardinals (Wells) vs. Brewers (Capuano) 7:25 CT - Tribute to the great memories of Rafael Roque IGT

thablingster

Way to boost morale by celebrating a team that lost to the team you are playing. Glad I am not there tonight, I would feel embarrassed for the '82 teammates.

Yeah, when FSN showed (a few times) a woman holding a sign that said something like "let's have another 1982", I was thinking, well, sure, up to a point. I bounced back surprisingly easily (mostly naively) from the game 7 loss that year. I would not bounce back as readily if it happened nowadays.

And for those who teared up during that ceremony, I'm right there with you. Just as talking about the Brewers always makes Audrey Kuenn cry, seeing Audrey try not to cry makes me cry. Some people watch an old romantic movie if they want a good cry. I watch the closing ceremony for County Stadium when I need a catharsis.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anybody else's audio on the game really crappy (television, that is)? The audio thru directv is very distorted, like they have the input into the truck set too high and nobody realizes it, creating audio that sounds like someone talking thru wax paper.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

anybody else's audio on the game really crappy (television, that is)? The audio thru directv is very distorted, like they have the input into the truck set too high and nobody realizes it, creating audio that sounds like someone talking thru wax paper.

It's like that on my cable too.

Good to see our starting pitching aiming to go deeply into games. No matter how positive I try to be about this team, our starting pitching is just not up to the task of carrying us to the postseason.

I HATE YOU, CHRIS CAPUANO.
That should have been outs 2 and 3 right there, I put that blame right on Braun. Capuano got the grounder, he did his job.

My statement still stands, he's a terrible pitcher to be trotting out there every five days.

Archived