Brewer Fanatic

who is getting madden today

patrickgpe

As soon as I finish getting ready I am heading out to Best Buy to get a copy. I was already checking out the rosters to see who I am going to cut, LOL.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I've heard great things about this years version. It sounds like they finally made a real 'next gen' of the game for the new systems.

Can't wait, my wife just said she picked me up a copy -- that's love.

Don't know if I'm getting it today, but I do plan on getting a copy for the PS3 this week.

PSN: Milwaukee Brewers http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

(I don't think I've ever actually mentioned that on the forums, come to think of it...)

I went to Best Buy at midnight here in GB. I only had to wait about 10 minutes to get through the checkout line. I have PS2, so I'm still behind the times, but its alot better than last years version, at least my Chargers are awesome, and Gates is pretty much unstoppable. Running the ball is difficult, even with LT, but I'll figure that out as I go. I do enjoy the "Playmaker stick" or "Hit stick" or whatever you want to call it.

I actually ended up going to my local EB Games and got the game. I was talking to one of the guys who is always there and he said the PS3 version got smoked by the 360 version, and that even the PS2 version is a better game than the PS3, FWIW.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I actually ended up going to my local EB Games and got the game. I was talking to one of the guys who is always there and he said the PS3 version got smoked by the 360 version, and that even the PS2 version is a better game than the PS3, FWIW.

The biggest difference between the 360 and PS3 version of Madden is that the 360 version runs at 60 frames per second, whereas PS3 clocks in at 30 fps. (Every other version of Madden has been at 30 fps or less, FWIW.) None of the big 3 review sites (1UP, IGN, GameSpot) even have a review up for the PS2 Madden.

Then again....I tend to be skeptical of anything I hear from an EB/GameStop employee.

nope, not going to get it. I play my games on my PC (don't have a console) and last year I played Madden 2005 that my wife bought me for Christmas at $9.95. Then, I recently bought the EA Sports Collection that has Madden 2006 in it so I'll play that one this year. At least I can go to some online sights (footballfreaks.com or something like that) and get updated rosters. I guess it sure beats paying $50 every year.

Just 2 years ago, I was still playing Madden 2002! Sometimes, I like to pull my old Sega Saturn out and play the Madden 97 & 98 games I had. So funny to see the changes. I just wish EA would put their college FB game out on the PC. I'm getting tired of playing NCAA Football 1999!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

That's a novel approach PITCH. I usually pick up a copy every two years and just update the rosters somewhat manually.

I do enjoy many of the gameplay enhancements though -- and I'm a franchise player.

My gaming axe of choice is the DS, and I think I'm going to grab the DS version tonight. It won't be quite as slick as the 360 version, but I will be able to play it on my flight tomorrow.

Any other DS Madden players who want to swap friend codes, PM me?

Can't wait, my wife just said she picked me up a copy -- that's love.
Whenever my wife does something that thoughtful, I generally mess it up by saying something like, "Yes... your training is coming along nicely. Everything is progressing as I have foreseen..."

I'm contemplating on upgrading my console (I have a PS2) before purchasing Madden. I'd like to get a Wii since it gets you physically involved in certain games rather than just sitting on your couch. Has anybody tried the Wii version?

Gruber Lawffices

wait a minute! Who's kicking? Unless I'm playing some serious franchise mode in a game, it's "go for it" everytime. No punting, no field goals. Okay, I guess you have to kick-off, but even if you shank that you should be good enough on defense.

I wish a game would let you have the option that the computer would not kick field goals or punt either.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm thinking about getting it Friday. I usually spend the first month editing and typing in the names of the players on the older and all-time teams.

That gets me through the preseason at least. Then I spend the regular season trying to figure out how Del Shofner is the greatest receiver of all time!

I think the Wii has some serious enjoyment to the play. After a few rounds, it's remarkably easy to find a receiver and throw. If you need to zip it in, you make a quick movement. Need arc: well, throw it with arc. Where the Wii really succeeds though is in the running game. You can juke by just shaking the controller and pound it by pushing ahead. Actually, quite fun. Catching is a little strange though.

The franchise mode finally has Free Agency before the Draft and has more 'player managment' than in years past. However, there haven't been significant changes here. The only thing of note is being able to play the college all-star game and working out specific players.

You can still assemble dream-team coaching staffs right away and make silly trades. They've tried to change that a bit with star player values, but it's still a bit too easy.

Needless to say though, I'll have my fair share of time with the mode.... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

i thing i always did was sign bigger free agents, whether i needed them or not, and then before the draft, put them up for trade and get as many 1,2nd and 3rd picks that i can, even trading away some of my lower ones, have 4 first rounders is awesome.

Archived