Brewer Fanatic

Brian "Crush" Adams found dead

LouisEly

The article I read also mentioned the Benoit incident, and I don't think they should really link the two together. They were both wrestlers and likely used steroids, but Adams didn't suffer from the psychosis that Benoit did. They make it seem like steroids caused the Benoit thing, but the level of testosterone in Benoit's body didn't suggest "roid rage."

Adams tried his hand at boxing too, after his WWE days but a shoulder injury caused him to retire from that sport before his first bout. If he were training to be a boxer, I would think with the testing involved there he has probably been clean for a few years, unless he was using recreational drugs or something after that. I can't find anything on what he's been up to after about 2003. My heart goes out to his family.

If congress thinks that the sacredness of baseball is being tarnished by steroids enough to launch their own investigation, why hasn't there been more investigation into pro wrestling where former athletes have been passing away prematurely increasingly in the past decade? Is the all-time home run record more important than dozens of human lives?

Gruber Lawffices

44 Years old. Wow. I used to love watching Demolition. They were my favorite with Mr. Fuji (I believe he was the manager, it was a long time ago). Stopped watching around 93 but Ax, Smash, and later Crush were great.

Let's not jump to too many conclusions. Brian Adams hasn't worked for the WWE since 2001. A lot can happen in six years. For example - depression (from no longer being able to wrestle or box, or family/marital problems, etc.), which leads to drug/alcohol use or poor diet/exercise habits... let's not make any accusations until details come out.

Why not move on from that stuff and celebrate a guy who was in the greatest gimmick in the history of wrestling, the NWO? And of course in the great NWO Black & White with greats like Horace Hogan, Vince, and Stevie Ray. Who could forget the great Hollywood line "Vince, go get the Taurus, brother"?

While all these other wrestlers die, Jake "The Snake" Roberts is still alive. He will be wrestling's version of Keith Richards. Jake Roberts will never die.

To the original topic, I was a huge mark for Kronik: Brian Adams and Bryan "Wrath" Clark. 2 huge guys just tossing everyone else around.

So, if someone is a drug user it is fair to blame their boss, who might I add has already been cleared in federal court of drug distribution charges, of over ten years ago?! Again, I guess personal responsibility no longer exists in America.

I guess you also think Robert Blake and OJ Simpson are both innocent as well? I agree with you that not all the blame goes on mcmahon on this, but when so many of his former employees are dying before the age of 50, and almost all for the same reasons, it's kind of obvious who is to blame.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Yeah, steroid abuse quite often doesn't manifest itself for quite a while. So, it's definitely reasonable to place some of the blame on Vince. But then you could say that Adams' ambition led to it, since he used (and wasn't "forced" to) in order to advance in the business.

This is all speculation, of course.

So, if someone is a drug user it is fair to blame their boss, who might I add has already been cleared in federal court of drug distribution charges, of over ten years ago?! Again, I guess personal responsibility no longer exists in America.

I guess you also think Robert Blake and OJ Simpson are both innocent as well? I agree with you that not all the blame goes on mcmahon on this, but when so many of his former employees are dying before the age of 50, and almost all for the same reasons, it's kind of obvious who is to blame.

OJ should have never had to put on those gloves it turned the case around. Who ever thought that was bright idea should be sent to prison. Dried gloves over latex gloves = no fit.

Demolition was just a knock of Road Warriors.

Look at most of these guys dieing most of them are from the time when WCW and WWE went toe to toe and trying to be the biggest dog on the block. I'm sure both these groups asked their men to do things to get ratings up without considering anything down the road.

To the original topic, I was a huge mark for Kronik: Brian Adams and Bryan "Wrath" Clark. 2 huge guys just tossing everyone else around.
Oh, man I forgot about Kronik! Short-lived, but exciting. Wasn't his (or Clark's) finisher at that time like a cobra-clutch style chokeslam? I haven't watched wrestling in a few years, and I haven't yet really found any reason to go back to it.
Gruber Lawffices

Wait... if someone died because of steroid abuse, and they used to wrestle in the WWF/WWE, they should immediately be tied to McMahon? That's totally absurd. To say that Vince may or may not have looked the other way is one thing, but to say he is directly involved in all of these deaths is absurd. I am no Vince apologist, but this is all getting pretty ludicrous. Anyone who wants to can blame their boss for not looking over their shoulder. I could put this on a much more grandiosely wholly bigger scale, but I won't.

To say that Vince may or may not have looked the other way is one thing, but to say he is directly involved in all of these deaths is absurd. I am no Vince apologist, but this is all getting pretty ludicrous. Anyone who wants to can blame their boss for not looking over their shoulder.

It's one thing to look the other way, it's another all together to fully encourage it(which i believe he did). Basically saying "do this or you won't be in the busness very long" is IMO wrong when it involves steroids.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived