Brewer Fanatic

Iron Eagle voted 2nd best worst movie of all time, and the other 12 as well.

Brian the Automator

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Chappy!"

I was tempted to go with "Demolition Man," but considering Sly already holds the #1 spot with Maxim, I'll take a different direction.

Big Trouble in Little China - John Carpenter and Kurt Russell doing what John Carpenter and Kurt Russell do best.

the list got filtered for "lingerie and swimsuit". now i really can't wait to get home and look it up!

Surviving the Game wasn't horrible. that was the one with Ice-T, right? just don't interpret 'wasn't horrible' as if it were anything great.

The worst movie I've ever seen is Freddy Got Fingered. actually saw that one in the theaters.

If we had a list of recent worst movies, Happy Feet, Surf School and Ghost Rider would be 1, 2, 3.

Mystery Science Theater made a movie out of it.

MST3K

though i haven't seen it, if a movie is the sort that you can make fun of it, then it has some redeemable value and therefore won't make my personal list. Plan 9 and every other Bruce Willis movie would fall in that category for me.

God, I love a ton of those movies. "The Last Dragon" is classic. "Iron Eagle" was so great. I haven't seen it in many years but loved it when I was a little. Perfect '80's movie! Actually, I used to watch "The Last Dragon" all the time too.

My brother would beat me up when we were kids and pin me down and ask "Who is the master?!". I didn't have to say "Sho'nuff" at least. A friend of mine had a World of Warcraft character called "Sho'nuff". Yeah, we watch this movie a lot.

"The Transporter" is simply fun. I liked it so much I paid to see the second one in the theater knowing full well it could only be worse.

"Surviving The Game" was brilliant. Granted it was based on the short story "the Hunt" and I'm not sure they acknowledged it....but it had Ice T in it! Does Ice-T still take himself so seriously?! And why isn't "New Jack City" on this list. I actually had a Burger King employee try and impress me by saying his name was Nino Brown. I'm serious. I still ask my friends, usualyl when drunk "Are YOU my brothers keeper?".

"Blue Chips" came out when Shaq started to dominate the world. Who can forget his rap album and very popular single?! "Can ya rock?, what's up dock"....

"Scarface", 'nuff said. Any movie featuring an absurd mound of blow for personal use is automatically great.

The Stallone medley is full of great films. "Cobra" featured the best knife in any movie ever. "Tangle and Cash" make for a great joke session when at the bar. The question always boils down to who's Tango and who's Cash. I try and always be Tango.

it's not really a guy movie (the Maxim list and the other, to a lesser extent both leaned heavily that way), but has anybody else ever seen "Noises Off"? It did bad in the theaters (may have been straight to video) but it is hilarious and has a great cast (John Ritter, Michael Caine, Christopher Reeve, Larry from "Perfect Strangers", and many others). I love that movie even though it's relatively obscure.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Cutting Edge!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hamburger

Mr. Butkus (yes, the former football player) in his finest role, with a rant on a motorcycle cop going through the drive thru that I cannot repeat any of without being banned. And you'll never think of the words, "Put those cookies back...", the same way again.

(edit - apparently Mr. Butkus' first name is not allowed)

I actually met the writer of "Surviving the Game." He actually thought he wrote an incredible script... what a classic. I'd nominate "Ricki-Oh: The Story of Ricky" for this list (please someone tell me they've seen it)

Just because something has a lot of fans doesn't make it good, though.

I mean, look at some of the garbage that is number one at the box office - like I think that movie with Tim Allen and Bill Macy on motorcycles was.

My wife loves the Mummy (the Brenden Fraser flicks). We own 'em. They're entertaining. First one has special meaning as it was our 2nd date movie back in the day.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived