Brewer Fanatic

Selig and Bonds love is the same

pitchleague

Just thinking the other day about how the only people that love Barry Bonds tends to be San Francisco Giant fans where as everyone else pretty much despises him.

The same seems to go with Bud Selig. Everyone that is a Brewers fan tends to love Bud but everyone else detests the guy and thinks he is horrible for his views towards steroids and such.

True home-town homerism at its best, if you ask me.

Anybody else want to chime in on this? I'm sure it's pretty much the same with many players (i.e. Derek Jeter perhaps?)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The same seems to go with Bud Selig. Everyone that is a Brewers fan tends to love Bud but everyone else detests the guy and thinks he is horrible for his views towards steroids and such.

I highly doubt that. I hate Bud alot(but i also think he does a decent job as commish), and know several people here do too. Perhaps you ment to phrase it as "the only people who like him are brewer fans" as opposed to saying all brewer fans love him. Also, a lot of the media has seemed to come around to Bud over the past few years as well.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

As a Brewer fan who has lived almost everywhere but Wisconsin since I was a young boy, I can tell you that Selig is one of the very first things people crack on me about when they find out I'm a Crew fan.

I always tell them they better be glad Wendy or Laurel weren't made commissioner.

Selig as an owner was first and foremost a liar--hence I hate him. I thought at one time that Selig was an above average commish, helping the smaller teams, generating interest, etc. But his smoke screen concerning the steroids issue has left him a mediocre leader in my opinion. I love Bonds as a player, and for awhile thought he was the best player ever to don a uniform except for Honus Wagner (it's the Bill James in me) but since his lack of judgement I've since dropped him to somewhere between 10 and 20. So I'm kind of the opposite of the love/hate relationship you describe, but I take your point.

You know....you could have picked a better title for this thread.

what is wrong with this title?

I disagree with the statement though, Bonds is a very popular player, and also a very hated payer, but a lot of people that aren't in San Francisco and aren't Giants fans like and/or support Bonds, I happen to be one of them.

I can't stand Selig, but I would be cheering for someone else had it not been for him.

You know....you could have picked a better title for this thread.

what is wrong with this title?

I disagree with the statement though, Bonds is a very popular player, and also a very hated payer, but a lot of people that aren't in San Francisco and aren't Giants fans like and/or support Bonds, I happen to be one of them.

I can't stand Selig, but I would be cheering for someone else had it not been for him.

Selig brought baseball to Milwaukee and was committed to keeping it here. That's about the only nice thing I can say about him. I was just reading some articles about the collusion that went on in the 1980s and his large role in that...I didn't think it was possible, but it lowered my opinion of him even more.

I don't know if I have anything nice to say about Bonds. Umm....he hasn't killed anybody?

Archived