Brewer Fanatic

8/12/07 - Brewers (Vargas) at Astros (Williams) - 1:05pm CT. Tribute to the Great Memories of Izzy Alcantara IGT

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was disturbing. He can't afford to get suspended, and his teammates and coaches need to be more aggressive in getting him out of there.

. . . and now Berkman goes deep.

YUCK.

What did he do that will cause a suspension?

I agree if anything that umpire was just itching to throw Fielder out. That is terrible. By the way why is Villnueva in a tie game with a rested Turnbow. The perfect move would have been a double switch bringing Dillon into the game batting 9th and had the pitchers spot hitting 4th. Now if we reach 9th who is going to bat Mench vs a righty? Just bad

Bill drives me nuts with his umpire attacks. Prince was obviously deserving of being tossed there. He expects the ump to sit back while Prince chucks F-bombs at him.

I would normally agree (mainly because I disagree with Schroeder so often), but not in this case. Prince was on his way to the dugout and it would have been over if Wally Bell had not followed Prince. As Bill correctly pointed out, some of these umpires need to realize that fans aren't there to watch them be macho guys throwing players out. Wally Bell was completely wrong here and HE should be suspended.

Archived