Brewer Fanatic

8/12/07 - Brewers (Vargas) at Astros (Williams) - 1:05pm CT. Tribute to the Great Memories of Izzy Alcantara IGT

Vargas back out there with 97 pitches? What could happen? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

On occasion, this team needs to favor contact over power to produce the run in situations where contact increases the likelihood of producing the run.

I'd love them to be able to do that but I just don't know if that's very realistic. Carlos Lee is always getting praised for being able to change his approach in certain situations because it's a pretty uncommon skill.

Let me put it this way, I didn't see anyone complaining when Braun hit that 3 run HR last night. Those are the situations fans have to remember when the Brewers fail to score a runner at 3B with less than 2 out. The Brewers have made up for their deficiencies and then some. They are averaging 4.8 runs/game, after all. I can appreciate that it might be a more painful offense to watch but it hasn't been a bad offense at all.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vargas you are the worst.

To the contrary, I actually feel bad that Vargas is not in a position to win this game. Every outing of his is a struggle at times, but he usually pitches well enough for the team to win. Today, he's pitched well enough for the team to win. That's pretty good for your fifth starter on the road.

Archived