Brewer Fanatic

8/12/07 - Brewers (Vargas) at Astros (Williams) - 1:05pm CT. Tribute to the Great Memories of Izzy Alcantara IGT

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Jenkins likes Woody Williams. Also, Geoff Jenkins realizes it is August and now it's time to get hot. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I personally think Bill Hall or Rickie Weeks will get traded this off-season. I'm basing that on nothing. Just a prediction.

Hall I could see, but I still think it's very unlikely. No chance of Weeks getting traded, unless they're going to give us a return that matches his status as a prospect, and not his performance this season. We're not trading a talent like Weeks when his trade value is lower than its ever been.

Let's see, Jenkins should get 3 more AB, Vargas pitches a complete game shut out and the Brewers win 5-0!
Vargas complete game? That would quite possibly be the longest game in the history of mankind.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Brewers have had a runner on 3rd 127 times this season, 50 of those times they scored the runner. That is 39% of the time.

Where did you get that split?

Baseball-Reference. I just took --3 split, we had 127 PA's in that situation, we scored 51 runs including 1 HR.

Unfortunately that doesn't work for -23, 1-3, 123 splits so its sort of a meaningless stat. I also have no clue how to search for just 1 or 0 out situations.

Vargas complete game? That would quite possibly be the longest game in the history of mankind.

I'm cool with a 193 pitches from Vargas and a 4.5 hour game if you are! Wow, Vargas is at 65 pitches in the 4th, with no out. He might have to go over 200 pitches.

- Brewers have had a runner on 3rd 127 times this season, 50 of those times they scored the runner. That is 39% of the time. -

Is that with 1 out, or 0 outs, 1 out, and 2 outs all included?

Its all numbers of outs included, its just with a runner on 3rd and none on the other bases. Its the closest to a meaningful stat I could get, wish I were able to get a better one.

Is that with 1 out, or 0 outs, 1 out, and 2 outs all included?

All included. Seriously, I don't think I've met a fan of any team that ever thought their team scored enough runners from 3B with less than 2 out. Most fans seem to think a batter should be able hit a deep fly ball at will.

Archived