Brewer Fanatic

8/12/07 - Brewers (Vargas) at Astros (Williams) - 1:05pm CT. Tribute to the Great Memories of Izzy Alcantara IGT

Keep trying the chat. If you get it to work, please post to the thread featured at the top of the main forum and Issues pages.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If our #6 hitters were doing anything significant (Mench/Jenkins, sometimes Estrada), Bill Hall would probably be getting more pitches to hit. Since they are not, he isn't. Sure you could swap Hart and Hall, but then Corey wouldn't get anything to hit. It really falls down to the bottom of the order not doing that great.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I know no one probably cares, but I just have to say that the Houston TV feed (which I'm stuck with on DirecTV) of this game is simply awful. I've seen local cable access channel productions that put this too shame. The camera work has been awful all series. That can't follow a ball in the air to save their lives. And most inexcusably, the cameraman have failed to do any white balancing on their cameras, rendering everything with a garish blue cast. I could do do better with my pocket camcorder!

Is FSN freezing up and cutting out periodically for anyone else? It's happened like three or four times since I started watching an hour ago. I have Charter digital, FWIW.

Yes - just did it again at the beginning of the Vargas at-bat. And I have Charter too (and it wouldn't surprise me if it's a Charter problem vs FSN)

I'm having FSN freeze problems too..... http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif

nice rip by Jenks http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eek.gif

Hardy on fire in the 8 hole

Why is Hall playing? I'm glad Yost pulled him yesterday after his pathetic play in Centerfield...http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/sick.gif

If we can unload Hall in the offseason, I'd trade him for a bag of balls.... now if Rickie can keep drawing Walks http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif!!!!!!

Asking your pitcher to fake bunt and slash is not small ball and it gives your pitcher one less try at a successful sacrifice bunt.

If we can unload Hall in the offseason, I'd trade him for a bag of balls...

When did bf.net turn into milwaukeebrewers.com? I really want to know because it's getting painful to read this garbage.

If our #6 hitters were doing anything significant (Mench/Jenkins, sometimes Estrada), Bill Hall would probably be getting more pitches to hit. Since they are not, he isn't. Sure you could swap Hart and Hall, but then Corey wouldn't get anything to hit. It really falls down to the bottom of the order not doing that great.

Hart is much more selective than Billy and has been consistent all year so I think he would be fine. Hall looks like he needs to fastballs to get back on track consistently... no better place to hit in the majors right now than in front of Braun/Fielder..

I would not trade Billy under any circumstance. He's improved a great deal in CF. Next year, I think he'll hit much better after a year of adjustment on the defensive side. Heck, I think he'll still hit this year. Before he rolled his ankle, he was really starting to heat up.

I think once he gets comfortable at the plate again after the injury, he might just be the final piece down the stretch.

I know no one probably cares, but I just have to say that the Houston TV feed (which I'm stuck with on DirecTV) of this game is simply awful. I've seen local cable access channel productions that put this too shame. The camera work has been awful all series. That can't follow a ball in the air to save their lives. And most inexcusably, the cameraman have failed to do any white balancing on their cameras, rendering everything with a garish blue cast. I could do do better with my pocket camcorder!

Yeah, you've said it! I, too, have had to watch Houston's TV feed all weekend. Just bad, bad, bad, bad, bad! I believe any of us could probably do better with a camcorder.

I also had to listen to their radio crew for about half the game yesterday. Milo Hamilton may be in the Hall of Fame, but he's no Hall of Famer! Awful description of plays. It's like he's the Astros version of Harry Carey--still has a job because he's an icon, even though he's just way too slow and out of the loop of things and can't see the ball real well. Not to mention he's turning 80 this year.

I know Uecker is getting up there in years but at least Bob still knows what he's doing and describes the action very well. Most of the time, if a ball was hit, it took an extra 30 seconds for Hamilton to finally tell you where the ball was hit, after he's done doing his homer-ish cheering.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Asking your pitcher to fake bunt and slash is not small ball and it gives your pitcher one less try at a successful sacrifice bunt.

If we can unload Hall in the offseason, I'd trade him for a bag of balls...

When did bf.net turn into milwaukeebrewers.com? I really want to know because it's getting painful to read this garbage.

What? You don't think some other GM will feel bad for the fans and offer us Johan Santana for Bill Hall in the offseason? It is always humorous to see the "trade em" comments whenever someone strikes out. I'll get as frustrated as the next fan, but am rational. OK, man on first, we better trade Vargas this offseason!

I'm with you here. The feed is just awful. Especially the camera from behind centerfield that's behind the pitcher. Plus these announcers are nincompoops.

Russ... i don't as a rule think players are worthless, but I'm just sick of Hall's lack of effort. From not hustling out groundballs, to poor defense, to "jogging" after balls when they roll all the way to the wall.

Mark Loretta's "triple" last night is a perfect example. That should have been recorded as a single and 2-base error on Billy Hall. That play caused a 1-0 game to turn into a 4-0 game, and without Braun's Heroics, would have cost us the game.

Say what you will about this "opinion", but i think its a fair consensus that Billy has been making lazy plays all season. I might get on Craig Counsell from time to time, but atleast he plays hard. Hall simply is not good, and its worse when you consider his gaudy contract and lack of effort.

I'm with you here. The feed is just awful. Especially the camera from behind centerfield that's behind the pitcher. Plus these announcers are nincompoops.

I just lost a chip up my nose when I saw "nincompoops". Not sure I've heard that word in years and can say I don't believe I've ever seen it in writing! http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

Archived