Brewer Fanatic

8/12/07 - Brewers (Vargas) at Astros (Williams) - 1:05pm CT. Tribute to the Great Memories of Izzy Alcantara IGT

I'm not even anti Ned. I guess I don't get your comment. How is it not true? When has Parra ever come into a close game unless it was long relief or he was the last option? I totally believe he wasn't in the game today because Ned will only use him in long relief.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was a loss snatched from the jaws of victory. First off, why, in the 9th, didn't Hall tag up on Jenks' fly ball? Lee was running and after he caught the ball, wasn't in a position to make a strong throw to 3rd. Not getting Braun in from 3rd is just wrong. From early on, anyone who plays baseball is taught the fundamentals. I love Prince, but all you need to do is get a fly ball up, not a pop up. To me, that's the biggest frustration with this team other than pitching, is lack of fundamental play in critical situations. And then the pitching. Villy pitches an excellent 7th. Why bring him back out for the 8th? The 7th was a great confidence builder for him. And then in the 8th, you bring in Wise or Linebrink or Shouse. Then you're possibly looking at a tie game going into the 9th. And Spurling? Don't get me started on him. Why he's still here is beside me. Ballfour only pitched (badly) in about 4 games before he was DFA'd, didn't he? And Spurling gets all these times? Come on!

Hall doesn't tag up in the 9th b/c he's a meaningless run. Tagging up there is bad fundamentals, not good.

Agreed. I'll repeat what others have already said. Down by four runs, the first run is essentially meaningless. Several hits would be required to tie/win the game, which means Hall would score from second base at some point, anyway.

OK. What's up with Sunday? This team never seems to win on Sunday.

Things were smelling pretty bad in here on Wednesday after the Rockies series.

But now let's look at the Top 10 Brewer positives since getting swept and crushed in Denver on Wednesday.

1) Thankfully Prince didn't imitate the namesake of this IGT and dropkick Wally Bell

2) Rickie is back and getting on-base. Gotta like the walks. Makes me think he's seeing the ball well and as long as his approach is right hits should follow

3) The JJ power stroke seems to have been rediscovered. More importantly, the guy hit well from the #8 spot

4) The Crew won a road series!!!

5) Ryan Braun is a Brewer

6) Geoff Jenkins looks poised for his typical late-season hot streak. Thankfully, though, this hot streak won't take place during junk time.

7) They gained a game on the Cubs.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif Two consecutive dominating road saves from Coco

9) Bullpen looks to be totally rested and ready for Cardinals series

10) Neither Izzy Alcantara or Angel Echerverria are on the 2007 Roster

Let's not forget, though...

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/9650/aaron0408bigtd9.jpg

It took me a while to figure out the meaning of this picture.... First I thought it meant that you still think of Hank as the all time home run king, then it dawned on me that it is the number 44 on his jersey, which is our magic number.http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif

I agree that the umpire thing has been more of an issue in the modern era. It always amazes me watching the When It Was a Game series how much crap those guys took with a straight face. It's not just baseball umpires, officials in all sports, like people in general are much more thin skinned these days.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived