Brewer Fanatic

8/12/07 - Brewers (Vargas) at Astros (Williams) - 1:05pm CT. Tribute to the Great Memories of Izzy Alcantara IGT

You have to look at Prince's reaction after being tossed. He was shocked and could not believe that it happened. I do not feel that Prince is the kind of player that would argue like that if he thought it was a justified ejection. This umpire and the kind that want to be the entertainment should be fired, a good umpire is someone that you do not remember or see at all.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't feel he left Vargas out there too long considering how the Bullpen has been lately.

I would have gone with Turnbow over Spurling but if you want to find a reason the team is losing just look at the offense.

You have to look at Prince's reaction after being tossed. He was shocked and could not believe that it happened. I do not feel that Prince is the kind of player that would argue like that if he thought it was a justified ejection. This umpire and the kind that want to be the entertainment should be fired, a good umpire is someone that you do not remember or see at all.

I seriously thought Prince was gonna rip his head off if he was able to get close enough.

Vargas wasn't left in an inning too long, however I will agree Spurling shouldn't have been the arm of choice. But as easy as it is to sit and blame Ned, how about an offense that had 5 hits, with the only 2 runs coming from the same player, while batting against a pitcher with a ERA over 6 and a BAA of .328.

Wow, its nice to see Hardy do something useful again.

As for Hall "dogging" it on the bases, its the 9th inning and we are down by 4, there is no reason to try to stretch a double into a triple in that situation.

When Fielder was tossed, Yost should have did a double-switch with the 1b and pitcher. Villaneuva should have never pitched 2 innings. At what point in the last 6 weeks has he shown he can pitch 2 shutout innings? He rarely makes it through 1 inning with giving up runs.

Good thing that Parra can ONLY be used in long relief and Linebrink can ONLY be used if the game is tied or the Brewers are leading. Yost sets up specific roles and just will not budge, no matter how they are pitching.

I have no problem with the ump tossing Fielder there. You simply can't allow a batter to argue balls and strikes. the problem is that umps feel the need to jaw right back at batters while they are doing the tossing. Be the professional! Can you imagine an NFL umpire acting like that?
No arguments from me there.

Good thing that Parra can ONLY be used in long relief and Linebrink can ONLY be used if the game is tied or the Brewers are leading. Yost sets up specific roles and just will not budge, no matter how they are pitching.

Simply not true, otherwise you wouldn't have seen Spurling today and you would have seen Turnbow in the 8th. Let's not turn the IGT into another http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif anti-Ned thread.

It's funny. On Wednesday, we were all ready to jump off the ledge. But after this road trip is said and done, the Brewers are actually (most likely) going to GAIN a half game. I can't complain too much about today's game. 2/3 is acceptable on the road, especially for this team.

Archived