Brewer Fanatic

8/11/07 - Brewers (Suppan) at Astros (Rodríguez) - 6:05pm CT. Angel Echevarria Memorial IGT

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow! I was watching "Pursuit of Happyness" with my wife and last checked on the game when we had guys on 1st and 3rd in the 7th innning. Then I come back to see us up 7-4!

I guess the title of the movie was appropriate tonight!

And, while I'm technically jumping the gun, I think it's safe to put this number up:

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/7073/ishihara9gk1.gif

Holy cow! I was watching "Pursuit of Happyness" with my wife and last checked on the game when we had guys on 1st and 3rd in the 7th innning. Then I come back to see us up 7-4!

And, while I'm technically jumping the gun, I think it's safe to put this number up:

WOW am I color blind! I don't see anything!

They don't let you fly jets if you're colorblind.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/10/13/LMS_061013102321049_wideweb__300x375.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/10/13/LMS_061013102321049_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Yes, but the army will let you fire artillery rounds...

Some selections from the NSBB in-game thread (pages 30-31):

Ryan Braun homers. 6-4 Brewers. [bad words], Lidge.

fielder goes yard. God hates the cubs.

Why can't we have any rookie like Ryan Braun.....and why can't we get a decent hitting 1B like Fielder? [editor's note: D. Lee is at least decent, no?]

I really, really hate Ryan Braun. Almost as much as I hate Brad Lidge.

man it would be nice if our system could just develop one hitter as good as braun, fielder or hart

Reasons to hate Ryan Braun:

1. he's a rookie and is better than every Cub hitter

2. he has a cocky face

3. he's a Brewer

4. he has more HRs then any Cub

5. He was called up in May (insult to #1 and 4)

I dislike them because they are Cub fans, but I'm glad they have such strong feelings for Braun.

What a just phenomenal win. I went to a friend's to watch boxing after the top of the 8th, and I got there at the top of the 9th, and there was a little while before the fights started so we watched the top of the 9th. Unbelievable is the only way to describe Ryan Braun, and this win in general.

Since I called this one Angel Echevarria night, I motion for tomorrow to honor the great memories of Izzy Alcantara's 32 AB run of terror as a Milwaukee Brewer in that magical season of 2002. Also be on the look-out for a thread honoring Everett Stull if these keeps working.

I'm color blind and see nothing in that picture, stupid genes! Though I'll take color blind over psoriasis any day of the week, that one really sucks.

Since I called this one Angel Echevarria night, I motion for tomorrow to honor the great memories of Izzy Alcantara's 32 AB run of terror as a Milwaukee Brewer in that magical season of 2002. Also be on the look-out for a thread honoring Everett Stull if these keeps working.

And I'll happily start it again. Lo-Fi threads honoring the very forgettable past. Gotta go with what works.

Finally a 9th inning comeback win to avenge all of those occurences against us! Well, not completely...but it's a start. And the magnitude of the win makes it even sweeter since it gives us some breathing room from the Scrubs.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't congratulate Braun after criticizing him for his lack of clutch ability earlier. Don't get me wrong, because it was warranted, but got to give credit where it's due, if I criticize. I never thought Braun would be unclutch forever. His issue has been trying to be the hero perpetually....and every once in a while that approach is going to result in being a hero. He would have had another game winner a few weeks ago at home if the ball wasn't carrying so poorly at Miller. If you swing with authority, good things can happen in key situations (like with Jenkins). If you stand up there being timid, even though you'll draw a walk by accident on occasion (Weeks), you're going to need to be reliant upon others to come up with the definitive at bat. I always asserted that Weeks would have a clutch issue because of how passive and nerve-wrecked he seems, and he'll never rectify it until he gets aggressive ala Braun. There are times to take a walk and there are times to swing the bat.

Just got back from the game...and boy was the ending fun!!! I have to say though, those first few innings were agonizing...even before the Astros scored their runs. Watching Suppan pitch was like watching Davis last year...constantly nibbling. It was painful!! Anyway, watching Carlos Lee wind up and swing so hard he fell down at one of Wise's change-ups was hilarious...maybe that laugh was just what he needed to settle down a bit. Great win tonight!!

I'm proposing a Hector Ramirez thread. Don't remember him? A reliever, he dusted Sosa and then on photo day, had a chuckle with me over the incident. My favorite reliever ever.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

And I'd be remiss if I didn't congratulate Braun after criticizing him for his lack of clutch ability earlier. Don't get me wrong, because it was warranted

How do you justify criticizing Bruan when he's having one of the most dominate offensive seasons for a rookie on record? Even the best players are going to fail in the clutch the majority of the time.

Well, turn my mood around 180 degrees.

Thanks to some whacked out broadcast priorities, we caught all of one play on WSSP before the signal strength was reduced, while driving home from Kenosha tonight. At the time the 6th had just ended and it was 4-0 'Stros.

Needless to say, it was a massive relief to get home and see the results on the ESPN ticker. Not to mention, the results of the Rockies game just after that. And Corey's catch was just the #1 top play on SportsCenter.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

P.S. I vote for a Bronswell Patrick thread.

Edit: Upon seeing that Caballo tumble, I admit - I seriously thought for a second that Wise had hit him. Sorry, Matt. May that bit of comic relief get you back on track.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Finally a 9th inning comeback win to avenge all of those occurences against us! Well, not completely...but it's a start. And the magnitude of the win makes it even sweeter since it gives us some breathing room from the Scrubs.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't congratulate Braun after criticizing him for his lack of clutch ability earlier. Don't get me wrong, because it was warranted, but got to give credit where it's due, if I criticize. I never thought Braun would be unclutch forever. His issue has been trying to be the hero perpetually....and every once in a while that approach is going to result in being a hero. He would have had another game winner a few weeks ago at home if the ball wasn't carrying so poorly at Miller. If you swing with authority, good things can happen in key situations (like with Jenkins). If you stand up there being timid, even though you'll draw a walk by accident on occasion (Weeks), you're going to need to be reliant upon others to come up with the definitive at bat. I always asserted that Weeks would have a clutch issue because of how passive and nerve-wrecked he seems, and he'll never rectify it until he gets aggressive ala Braun. There are times to take a walk and there are times to swing the bat.

I'd prefer to save all our comeback for this stretch. Especially if it means we pull a couple off to take the World Series.

No matter what, you just can't give up. This team may drive you crazy along the way, but despite the very ugly losses in recent weeks, the Milwaukee Brewers are in first place.

Go guys, you can do it! Comeback wins on the road...that's what I'm talkin' about!

Archived