Brewer Fanatic

Pads claim Igawa

according to Fox Sports, the pads have supposedly claimed the Yankees' Iigawa. they will have two days to work out a trade with the yankees for his services. I would guess boomer wells will be wearing pin stripes real soon. It was reported no AL team placed a claim on Igawa; and no NL team including the Brewers placed a claim on him either. i would assume it was his contract that made him so undesirable as a waiver claim to the other teams. Not only do you get a bad pitcher, but you also get stuck with his contract.

it's obvious the brewers had a chance to claim him and passed. That was probably a wise decision. M y thoughts are if guys like Igawa were made available, there has to be some quality guy made available on waivers that the brewers could claim wh o would prove useful.

it's obvious the brewers had a chance to claim him and passed. That was probably a wise decision. M y thoughts are if guys like Igawa were made available, there has to be some quality guy made available on waivers that the brewers could claim wh o would prove useful.

You're already talking about this in another thread. Keep the focus on Igawa, here.

admitedly this looks like a real bad and stupid move by the Padres. But I remember several other pitchers who stunk pitching in New York but thrived elsewhere.

A question comes to mind - if Igawa was pitching have way decent but still had the same contract, would other teams have been willing to claim him? or would they have still passed because of his outrageously large contract?

It was first reported on 8/10 that the pads claimed him. it's already 8/14 and nothing's happened. i guess it's safe to say this one is not going down. it's also interesting boomer hasn't found a new home yet. i would think the 7 days after he was DFA'd are over .

Archived