Brewer Fanatic

8/10/07 - Brewers (Bush) at Astros (Jennings) - 7:05pm CT

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any team worse in baseball in scoring runs short of the long ball (and usually solo shots at that)? For the love of god, some please put a ball in play with the runner in scoring position (Yes, Estrada unbelievably hit a fly that should have advanced the runner). Thank goodness for Billy's big hit earlier. Otherwise, this would be one of the ugliest offensive games I have ever seen (except I can say that for so many games this year).

We all now what's coming in this game. I imagine it's similar to seeing the bullet flying right between your eyes moments before impact.

Is it just me, or are we LOUSY in every facet of the game lately?

Am I on tape delay or something? This is a tie game, right?

You can be lousy without being behind....and by my count, we've stranded a runners in scoring position with less than 2 outs the last 3 innings, including one on third in the 6th and 7th. I'd say that's lousy.

Not everything is lousy. Linebrink and Turnbow were lights out. Except for the 3-run gopher ball, Bush pitched well. Hell, he got through the 6 full innings with the team still in the game. That's an achievement.

But the horrible 3-4 pitch strikeouts continue to kill the offense.

Doesn't mean they've played well tonight. I agree with the tone of the IGT on this one, this has been a painful tie thus far.

If the Brewers had won 8 of their last 10, I think we all would have our heads up and would be enjoying this game. I'd rather have missed opportunities than none at all, which is what we've had a whole lot of on the offensive end lately.

Obviously, I've found this game frustrating, just like everyone else but it has more to do with the context of the game (Brewers struggling lately and probably needing a win to stay in first place) than it does the actual game itself.

Archived