Brewer Fanatic

8/10/07 - Brewers (Bush) at Astros (Jennings) - 7:05pm CT

Well. Seems to be no Woogie and others have tried to start an IGT can't seem to get things turned around. So since its an hour to gametime, I guess I'll step up and try something. I've started Spring Training IGT before, but this is my first attempt at the big time. I bring no graphic artist skills nor can I do anything fancy with adobe or similar programs.

I can post pictures though. Dear Brewers. Please stop playing like its 2002!

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/thesportsfanatic_1962_190469023

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the line-ups.

Rickie Weeks 2B

Corey Hart RF

Ryan Braun 3B

Prince Fielder 1B

Bill Hall CF

Geoff Jenkins LF

Johnny Estrada C

J.J. Hardy SS

Dave Bush P

Craig Biggio 2B

Mark Loretta SS

Lance Berkman 1B

Carlos Lee LF

Ty Wigginton 3B

Luke Scott RF

Jason Lane CF

Eric Munson C

Jason Jennings P

Damn - I'm about 35 minutes behind on TiVo watching the PGA. I better FF through some play here so I can watch the thread during the game (otherwise going to need to TiVo that and then stay out of the thread). Six hours of coverage for golf is great! But it's bumping up against the crew!

YES! Ned finally moved JJ and his .322 OBP down in the order.

It's too bad the guy who's replacing him has had a .282 OBP since June 25th. http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif

Normally, I'd agree with you, but Hardy clearly needs this, and has needed this for a long time. With Graffy gone from the everyday lineup, it isn't like we have a ton of better options, and way may end up sinking or swimming with Rickie somewhere atop the lineup. Getting JJ looking at more good pitches will help him a lot, I guarantee it. Also, having Weeks-Hart-Braun means that our fastest three regulars are all at the top, and they could cause some trouble.

YES! Ned finally moved JJ and his .322 OBP down in the order.

It's too bad the guy who's replacing him has had a .282 OBP since June 25th. http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif

Normally, I'd agree with you, but Hardy clearly needs this, and has needed this for a long time. With Graffy gone from the everyday lineup, it isn't like we have a ton of better options, and way may end up sinking or swimming with Rickie somewhere atop the lineup. Getting JJ looking at more good pitches will help him a lot, I guarantee it. Also, having Weeks-Hart-Braun means that our fastest three regulars are all at the top, and they could cause some trouble.

I tend to agree. First, I like the "shake up" even if it's slight. Second, I think it will help J.J. by taking some pressure off. Third, we really need to know if Rickie is our 2B of the future or not. And without any better option, put him in there and find out. And he's probably better suited as the leadoff hitter than Hart - long term. As well as Hart has done as the leadoff guy, I could see him becoming a prototypical #2 hitter. With Braun behind him, if Weeks shows any of his potential, Hart could get to that 30-30 season instead of 20-20. Ok, maybe I'm getting too carried away, but I like the moves if for no other reason than to shake things up a bit.

Now this is the lineup Ned should've been using most of the season. The only thing I would have different is Hardy 7th and Johnny 8th. That being said, I can't quibble with it. If Rickie is right, he will draw walks and get on base and with his speed and Hart's speed at the top of the order, the options they have on the base paths are limitless. This also means guys SHOULD be on base when Braun/Prince come up. J.J. Hardy is not a 2 hitter. Never has been, even when he was raking early in the year. His best spot is 7th IMO.

This may be a bf.net issue, but the url continues to show on the thread topic list. For like a split second after the page fully uploads, it shows the real thread title but instantly switches to the actual URL address. It is kind of annoying and I use IE, it never happened before. Yuku is yukkee right now.

Anyway, if the Brewers lost tonight I will have lost all hope. Although the lineup tonight seems interesting.

Archived