Brewer Fanatic

Podsednik to Cubs?

cruiserx43

"You know your team's going down the crapper when you want Scott Podsednik.."

Brian, I heard just the other day that since he became a member of the White Sox, the Sox are something like 50 or more games over .500 when he starts and under .500 when he doesn't. Look at this year, the Sox starting playing a lot better when Pods came back from injury. When healthy, he's still a quality leadoff guy. His problem has been staying healthy.

If by quality leadoff guy you mean "guy who can barely keep a .330 OBP clip," to each his own I guess. Pods plays a horrible outfield (a corner position no less), can't slug a lick, can't really get on base, and his only skill (stealing bases) he does only pretty well for his stealing percentage isn't near where a guy like Reyes' is (plus stealing bases is basically an overrated skill anyways). Please Cubs, go after this guy.

"You know your team's going down the crapper when you want Scott Podsednik.."

Brian, I heard just the other day that since he became a member of the White Sox, the Sox are something like 50 or more games over .500 when he starts and under .500 when he doesn't. Look at this year, the Sox starting playing a lot better when Pods came back from injury. When healthy, he's still a quality leadoff guy. His problem has been staying healthy.

Unless he's got some unquantifiable voodoo magic, he doesn't have the on-base skills to be a factor anymore.

werent there rumors that he was on the same medical plan as Brady Anderson, Brett Boone and such.

Indeed... I've heard from semi-reliable sources that he had extended pharmaceutical benefits.

Well maybe he was just under pressure to impress Lisa Dergan.

But if what Automation is suggesting is true... maybe it explains why he "all of a sudden" got "good" for awhile there...

sounds like this is gonna happen.

How dumb does that Carlos Lee for Podsednik deal look now for the Sox?

CHICAGO -- Scott Podsednik helped the Chicago White Sox end a long championship drought. He may soon be in position to do the same for the Cubs.

The Chicago Tribune, citing a major league source, reported on its Web site Friday that the Cubs claimed Podsednik off waivers. The White Sox had two business days to work out a trade with the Cubs, simply let him go to the North Side team or pull him off waivers.

The Cubs, who began the day a half-game behind Milwaukee in the NL Central, could use a leadoff hitter and left fielder, with Alfonso Soriano nursing a torn quad muscle. Podsednik would fill those needs, although he would not provide the power.

You know your team's going down the crapper when you WANT Scott Podsednik on your team.

They picked him up because Pagan is hurt.

Let's not be so quick to knock the Cubs lineup. Methinks they have won the last two games at Colorado with their "forfeit" lineup. It's not like our stable of vaunted sluggers has done too much lately.

Me too---let the ridicule continue---but I thought Podsednik could be serviceable in Milw next year too. I also think, flaws and all, he's a better player than Gabe Gross, although, of course, neither is as good as Greg Gross.

today's TV says the Pods to Cubs is dead as they couldn't agree as to who to give the white sox within the 72 hours. I' m not sure what / who the Sox were asking for. I can't believe there wasn't somebody on the Cubs' farm system that the Sox wouldn't like. I almost have to believe other GMs such as melvin were claiming Cubs players forcing the Cubs to reclaim their players in order to block the trade from happening.

Archived