Brewer Fanatic

St. Louis calls up Rick Ankiel

dlk9s
With it being predicted here about a billion times now that the Cubs would run away with the division two month ago, I guess I've lost my appetite for off-the-cuff predictions, innocent or otherwise. Time for me to re-toughen up that message board skin, I guess.

Even if we peg the Brewers and Cubs as .500 teams going forward, the Cardinals have almost no chance at all.

The Cards have 14 games with the Brewers and the Cubs -- so in August and Sep -- there will be a lot of games where if STL wins, CHC or the Crew will have lost. I question the Cards pitching -- I don't think they can rely on their pitching to win them a lot of games, if they got Mulder back, and some good starts out of their rotation -- they have a shot at catching the Cubs and Brewers, and a semi-reasonable shot at that.

Archived