Brewer Fanatic

3 Brewers games moving to WSSP

Paul77

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere...

Saturdays games with the Astros, the game on the 18th and the game on the 30th will all be on WSSP. Even in first place, WTMJ bumps the Crew for packers exhibition games.

(added tags --1992)

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

This is why I still hate the packers.

Me too. It's an exhibition game! Who cares?

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

but I must say even though I might get scolded for this, I think the Packer fans are a lot like Cubs fans

This isn't a scold, since you're entitled to your opinion, but the difference is that Packer fans follow a team that have won 12 championships in the last 70 years, and the Cubs fans follow a team that have won 0. I'm just saying.

Looking at in terms of how the station would, the packers have a larger overall audience then the Brewers do. Also it could be in the contracts that all Packer games must be played on TMJ, remeber the NFL is king.

the majority of the state, I like the Packers, but I must say even though I might get scolded for this, I think the Packer fans are a lot like Cubs fans.

No.

The Packers preseason game will probably bring a larger audience than the Brewers broadcast. The way the team has been playing lately I don't blame them. Even if they were playing well though, it will always be a Packers first state no matter how bad. It's just the way things are.

the majority of the state, I like the Packers, but I must say even though I might get scolded for this, I think the Packer fans are a lot like Cubs fans.

Billyhallfan I couldn't agree with you more. This is baseball season and we are in 1st place we should be watching the Brewers not worrying about third string running backs running around the field.

The Brewers were on WISN for a couple years in the 1980s. That dropped when Bud Selig found he couldn't travel to Chicago and still listen to the games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I had to check with my dad to confirm this, but very early in the team's existence, the old WEMP was the flagship station. During the Braves' tenure in Milwaukee, there were times when the games were on both WEMP and WTMJ.

As was mentioned above, signal strength is the issue. We face that all the time up north. The prime example is when the Wisconsin Rapids and Marshfield stations were dropped because somebody at WTMJ thought WSAW in Wausau was strong enough to cover those areas.

There would be two better solutions: add multiple alternate stations for WSSP games or go to an FM station with adequate signal strength. Up until about a decade ago, WKTI handled conflicting games.

The same thing would apply to northerly locations throughout the season. In addition to AM stations that are not currently part of the network, there are plenty of strong FM stations up here.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/mad.gif Wonderful, I don't get WSSP and all other AM stations come in like crap in Chilton. They seriously need an FM station to carry the Brewers. About two years ago, The Fan in Green Bay carried them. What happened to that radio deal?

(Note: Please follow forum guidelines and not type in all uppercase; because the post was brief, I've changed that to maintain the sanity of our members --1992)

Archived